Soya Aloo Sabji Recipe | Soya Potato Curry | This recipe of soya aloo is a very tasty and flavorful curry recipe.
I have always loved the taste of soya and soya aloo sabzi is one of my go-to sabzi, specially when I am looking for something different. I like this sabji, as it includes protein rich soya that is much needed ingredient for our regular meal, specially for kids.
I like serving this dish with roti or paratha but you can also serve it with puri or rice. I have also posted other recipes from soya like Soya Chilli, Soya Crispies, Soya Chunk Curry and many more. Do try them as well. This is a very basic recipe and can be made from basic ingredients. I have also posted few other sabzi recipes like Parwal Aloo Sabzi, Lehsuni Aloo Matar, Dahi Mirchi and many more.
Follow this recipe step by step to make perfect soya aloo sabji for next meal.
Soya Aloo Sabzi
- 4 cups Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Soya Chunks
- 2 tbsp Oil
- ¼ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 3 Potato boiled, peeled & cut into big pieces
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 2 Small Cardamom
- 2 Cloves
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Onion sliced
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- Tomato; puree of 2 tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Fenugreek Leaves
- ¼ tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- In a pan add water, salt and let it boil.
- Next add soya chunks mix and boil for 3-4 minutes.
- After 3-4 minutes drain excess water and let it cool down completely.
- Next strain and squeeze out excess water from it and transfer it to a bowl.
- Now heat a pan add oil, next add boiled soya chunks, salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder,
- Cook for 3-4 minutes while stirring in between.
- In the same pan add oil, next add potatoes, sprinkle salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and fry till crisp.
- After potatoes are crispy remove them into a bowl. In the same oil add bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cloves, cumin seeds and mix well.
- Next add onions and cook till onions turn brown.
- Once onions are brown add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, kashmiri lal mirch, coriander powder, salt and tomato puree.
- Mix everything well cook till masala releases oil.
- When masala releases oil, add soya chunks, potatoes mix and cook with masala for 2-3 minutes.
- Next add water, mix and let it take a boil.
- After it boils add fenugreek leaves, garam masala powder, coriander leaves and mix well.
- Next cover and cook for 7-8 minutes on lowest flame.
Let me know in the comment section how you like it.