Crispy North Indian Style Tikki | McDonald’s Style Aloo Tikki Recipe | This crispy and super tasty aloo tikki or potato patty is a popular snack from North India and now gaining popularity across the world and served in many famous fast food chains and restaurants.
The preparation of this snack is easy and does not take much of time. The key ingredient in of aloo tikki are boiled potatoes, peas and some basic Indian spices. Aloo Tikki is served in many ways like chaat, burgers or just like that as tea time snack. Another popular way to serve these tiikis is ragada pattice which is specially famous in Mumbai and is served in most of the chaat stalls.
Very often when I can not figure out what to make for snack, I switch to these tikkis as they can be made quickly and easily without much of prior preparation. I have also posted other snacks recipe like Potato Fingers, Soya Crispies, Suji Paneer Nuggets and many more. Do explore them as well.
So lets not waste anymore time and dive straight into the recipe.
- 5 Potato boiled & peeled
- 2 tbsp Rice Flour
- 2 tbsp Corn Flour
- 1 tsp Dry Mango Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Potato boiled & peeled
- ½ cup Onion fine chopped
- Black Salt
- 1 tsp Ginger fine chopped
- 1-2 Green Chilli fine chopped
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- 1½ cup Beans fine chopped
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ¼ tsp Garam Masala Powder
- ½ tsp Chaat Masala
- Wash and boil the potatoes.
- Remove the excess water from it and peel the potatoes.
- Mash all the potatoes into a bowl.
- Now add rice flour, corn flour, salt, dry mango powder, red chilli powder.
- Mix everything well and make a dough of it.
- In a bowl add potato, onion, black salt, ginger, chilli, coriander and mix everything well.
- Now make small size balls of them.
- Grease hands with some oil, now take some dough into your hands and roll it.
- Flatten it gently and spread from the sides, place stuffing in the center.
- Cover the stuffing from all the sides and then roll and flatten it from sides.
- Heat oil and drop tikkis into it.
- Splatter some oil on top, make it crisp from both sides.
Let me know in the comment section how you liked this recipe.
You May Also Like:
Veggie Atta Tikki