Rice Cutlet Recipe | Leftover Rice Cutlets | Crispy, tasty and no wastage rice cutlets is a very unique dish.
Don’t you just hate it when you cook extra rice and that rice just go to waste? What if I tell you that there is a way that you can use this leftover rice and make an amazing recipe out of it. It tastes so good that you may prepare extra rice just for this. You can serve these cutlets with Green Chutney Raw Mango Chutney, Onion Chutney or any other dip of your choice.
Here is the detailed recipe to make perfect leftover rice cutlets.
- 1½ cup Rice leftover
- 2 tbsp Rice Flour
- 2 tbsp Corn Flour
- 1 Potato boiled
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- 2 tbsp Raw Peanuts
- 2 tbsp Capsicum fine chopped
- 2 tbsp Onion fine chopped
- 1 tbsp Green Chilli Ginger cruched
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Dry Mango Powder
- In a bowl add in leftover rice and mash it properly.
- Now add in rice flour, corn flour, boiled potato, coriander leaves, raw peanuts, capsicum, onion, ginger, garlic, chilli, cumin seeds, coriander powder, salt, red chilli powder, dry mango powder and mix well and make a dough.
- Grease hand with oil and make patties of any shape and size but make sure that they are thin.
- In a pan heat a little bit of oil on medium high flame and add in cutlets. Flip and cook from both sides till crisp and golden.
- You can use lemon juice if you don’t have dry mango powder.
- You can use all-purpose flour if you don’t have rice flour.
- Only mash the rice make sure you don’t make a paste of it.
- Make sure that the patties are thin because we have to shallow fry them so thick patties won’t cook properly.
- Smooth the edges of patties to avoid breaking.