Khandvi Recipe | How to Make Gujarati Khandvi | Soft, spongy and easy to make khandvi recipe.
Khandvi is a popular snack from Gujrat and Maharashtra region. Khandvi is made from gram flour or besan and yogurt or curd and it looks like a tightly pinned roll. Though being the specialty of Maharashtra and Gujrat khandvi is easily available pan India and mostly popular as breakfast or as evening snack. I have also posted other yummy breakfast recipes of my page like Curd Sandwich, Roti Cheela, Egg Tortilla Wrap and more. Do explore them as well.
Khandvi is generally prepared by making a batter of gram flour and curd with a mixture of spices and ginger garlic paste. The batter is finally spread evenly and rolled to give it its typical shape. Although people think that it is very difficult to make but if you follow few simple tips and tricks then you will always be able to make khandvi perfectly at home.
I have also posted other recipes like White Sauce Pasta, Indian Style Pasta, Vegetable Pasta Soup . I have also made a special tadka for Khandvi which will not only enhance the taste but also make it look beautiful. Follow the recipe step by step to make the perfect khandvi yourself.
- ½ cup Gram Flour
- ½ cup Curd
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Chilli Ginger Paste
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 Green Chilli fine chopped
- 1 tsp Black Mustard Seeds
- Curry Leaves
- Coconut grated
- In a bowl add gram flour, curd, turmeric powder, salt and crushed ginger chilli paste and mix well. Slowly add in water and make a smooth batter.
- In a pan keep sieve on top and sieve the entire batter through it. Put the pan on a stove with full flame till the batter thickens a bit.
- Once batter thickens a bit reduce the flame to medium and keep on stirring for 15minutes.
- To check that the khandvi is cooked completely take a steel spatula, apply a thin layer of batter on it and wait for a minute if mixture rolls out easily means batter is ready.
- Once batter is ready switch off the heat and immediately spread thin layer of the batter on the back side of a steel plate or any flat surface.
- Let the mixture cool down for 10-15 minutes. After 15 minutes make long vertical cuts. Make rolls our of the vertical cuts and add tadka on it.
- Use curd at kept at room temperature.
- While making khandvi proportions are very important, you should always use the same amount of gram flour, curd and double of water.
- Sieving the batter will help to remove all the lumps.
- Keep stirring continuously to avoid burning.
- Make sure that the batter is hot while spreading it because if it cools down then you won’t be able to spread the batter.
Let us know in the comment section about your favorite breakfast.