Aloo Matar Patties Recipe | Suji Atta Aloo Matar Patties | Crispy, crunchy and healthy aloo patties is an amazing recipe. Patties come in many variants from different parts of India and this one is combination of many of those recipes and also made it little healthier.
This recipe of Aloo Matar Patties is extremely tasty and healthy as the dough of these patties is made from wheat flour and suji. Even though base of these patties are altered, I tried to make sure that the taste is not compromised. I like serving these suji atta aloo matar patties with green chutney but they taste amazing with other dips as well like Garlic Chutney, Lehsun Mirchi Kachumber Chutney or even Peanut Chutney.
I have used potatoes and peas as stuffing but you can add any other vegetable stuffing of your choice. I usually serve these patties as snacks and at times I also pack it in kids’ tiffin boxes. If you are looking for more healthy and different kinds of snacks then check out Besan Frankie, Sabji Suji Nastha, Spinach Cheese Balls, Grilled Tofu Sandwich and many more.
Follow this recipe step by step to make the perfect Suji Atta Aloo Matar Patties.
Suji Atta Aloo Matar Patties
- ¼ cup Mint Leaves
- 1 cup Coriander Leaves
- 2 Green Chilli
- 4-5 Garlic Clove optional
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Water according to preference
- 1 cup Wheat Flour
- ½ cup Suji
- ¼ cup Oil
- Warm Water
- 2-3 Potatoes boiled & mashed
- 1 Onion fine chopped
- 1 Capsicum fine chopped
- ¼ cup Peas boiled
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Dry Mango Powder
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- ½ tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 spoon Green Chutney
- All-purpose Flour Slurry mix all-purpose four with water and make thick paste
- In a grinder add mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chilies, garlic cloves, lemon juice, water and salt.
- Grind to make a fine paste of it.
- In a bowl add wheat flour, suji, salt, oil and mix well.
- Now add water in it and make a smooth semi hard dough of it.
- Cover and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl add potatoes, onion, capsicum, peas, coriander powder, dry mango powder, chilli flake, cumin powder, green chutney, salt and mix well.
- Take ¼ of the dough on a rolling board and make a smooth dough ball of it;.
- Pinch the corners and then roll the dough to make a thin roti.
- Cut the edges to make a big square and cut that square into 4 equal halves.
- Apply a generous amount of all-purpose flour slurry on the edges.
- Place the stuffing and fold to make a triangle from the small squares.
- Seal the edges properly and with the help of a fork press gently to seal the edges properly.
- In a pan add oil and let it heat well on medium flame.
- Drop 4-5 patties at a time and splatter oil on top.
- Cook till crisp and golden brown from both the sides.
Let me know in the comment section how you liked this recipe.