Tomato Puri Recipe | Garlic Puri Recipe | Tomato Garlic Poori | Soft, tasty and unique Garlic Tomato Puri is very interesting breakfast or lunch box recipe and it be made very quickly.
Everyone likes puris! and specially kids, just love them. My kids also love puris and I often make verities of puris for them. This tomato puri is one of those yummy options. When I pack it for lunch box, I just put some pickle masala on it and make rolls. If you give it to kids, I am sure they will finish it all.
Tamatar puri or tomati puri is complete meal in itself. It’s spicy, crispy and does not really require curry or sabji to serve with it. Just a cup of tea and some pickle or chutney also works best. You can serve these tomato puri hot or cold. They taste delicious either ways. They are crisp when hot and become soft and melt-in-mouth once cool down.
- 2 Tomato
- Coriander Leaves
- 1 Green Chilli
- 3 Garlic Clove
- 2 Tomato
- ½ inch Ginger
- 7-8 Garlic Clove
- 7-8 Black Pepper Corn
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Onion fine chopped
- Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- ¼ cup Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- ½ tsp Carom Seeds crushed
- 1 tbsp Dry Fenugreek Leaves crushed
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- In a grinder add all the ingredients and grind to make a paste without adding water.
- In a grinder add tomato, garlic, ginger, black pepper corns, cumin seeds and grind to make a paste.
- In a bowl add whole wheat flour, onion, tomato paste, chili flakes, coriander leaves, carom seeds, dry fenugreek leaves, turmeric powder and salt.
- Mix well and knead a dough without adding water.
- Next apply ghee on your palms and grease the dough well.
- Cover and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes remove the dough and divide it into 5 parts.
- Roll each dough ball into a 6 inch circle.
- Cut into 4 pieces and the heat oil on medium high.
- Next drop the puris into it splatter oil on top and fry till crisp.