Atta Gulab Jamun Recipe | Wheat Flour Gulab Jamun Recipe | How to Make soft, juicy and melt in mouth Gulab Jamun with wheat flour.
Gulab Jamun is a staple Indian sweet, specially famous during special occasions and festivals. Usually the main ingredients of Gulab Jamun are khoya, all-purpose-flour and sugar but today I have made it with whole wheat flour or Atta to give it a twist. Gulab Jamun can be made in many ways and I’ll be posting other methods also soon, so stay tuned :).
Atta Gulab Jamun
- ½ litre Full Fat Cow Milk
- 2 cup Water
- 2 cup Sugar
- 2-3 Small Cardamom crushed
- 2 tbsp Whole Wheat Flour
- ⅛ tsp Baking Soda
- ⅛ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Ghee
- In a pan add milk and keep string on a high flame and cake make a thick rabri.
- Once milk is thick turn off the heat and keep string till milk is cold.
- In a pan add sugar, water, cardamom mix well, cook on medium high flame for 10-12 minutes.
- In a bowl add khoya, whole wheat flour and mix well.
- After mixing knead it well like a dough.
- Next add baking powder, baking soda and knead like a dough.
- Next add ghee and knead the dough again.
- Now divide the dough into 15 equal parts and make gulab jamuns by rubbing between palms.
- Now heat oil on low flame and drop the gulab jamuns in the oil, splatter some oil on top and fry them till golden brown.
- Keep spinning and when the gulab jamun looks golden increase the flame to give color.
- Remove the gulab jamuns from heat and then add in warm sugar syrup.
- Cover and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
Let me know in the comment section how you liked this twisted Gulab Jamun.