Smoky Paneer Tikka Recipe Without Tandoor and Oven | Paneer tikka is one of the most popular appetizers or starters served in Indian cuisine. Paneer tikka is made with cubes of paneer marinated in mixture of curd and flavorful spices and then fire roasted in tandoor or clay oven. This dish is a popular alternative to the non-vegetarian tikkas like chicken tikka or mutton tikka.
In this recipe, we will first marinate paneer cubes with the mixture of curd and spices like black pepper powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, chaat masala, kashmiri lal mirchi, gram flour. Later we will cook it on Tava for a while and grill on the fire to get the perfect smoky taste.
If you are making these paneer tikkas for guests, you can keep veggies marinated upfront and just roast them guests arrive. I have also posted other recipes of party snacks likes Cheese Bread Kachori, Aloo Malai Tikka and Pizza Cups. Do try them out as well.
Follow this recipe step by step to make this perfect snack at home.
- Coriander leaves+ Mint Leave
- 1 tbsp Roasted Chana
- 4-5 Garlic Clove
- 1-2 Green Chilli
- ½ tsp Cumin Powder
- ½ tsp Black Salt
- 2 tbsp Curd
- ½ cup Curd
- ½ tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Chaat Masala
- 2 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 2 tbsp Roasted Chana Powder
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic crushed
- 1 tsp Dry Fenugreek Leaves crushed
- 2 tbsp Mustard Oil
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice heat it first and then let it cool down completely
- 400 grams Paneer Cubes large diced
- Onion large diced
- Capsicum large diced
- In a grinder add all the chutney ingredients.
- Next grind to make a thick paste.
- In a bowl add curd, black pepper powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, chaat masala, kashmiri red chilli powder and mix well.
- Next add roasted gram flour, ginger garlic , dry fenugreek leaves, mustard oil, salt, lemon juice and mix well.
- Next add paneer cubes, onion, capsicum and mix well with hands.
- Next keep this marinade in fridge for 1/2-1 hour.
- After 1 hour take the marinade out and place them in the metal skewer.
- First place in capsicum, paneer and then onion, repeat the order until it reaches the top.
- Take a large pan and grease it with ghee or butter.
- Once the pan is hot place the skewers on it and keep on rotating for uniform cooking on medium heat.
- Pour extra butter/ghee for extra flavor.
- For the tandoor flavour we will grill the tikka on stove.
- Keep on rotating the skewer till charred.
Do let me know in the comment section about your opinions.