Kaju Katli Style Peanut Katli Recipe | Groundnut Barfi | This super easy and tasty peanut or moongphali katli is made with just 2 ingredients. It is made in kaju katli style, which is one of the most famous Indian sweets.
Katli is a thinner version of barfi. Mostly it is made from cashews but there many other katlis also famous like almond katli, pista katli and this peanut katli. It you are looking for something different and easy to make for sweets, I would recommend you to give it a try.
This katli is so easy to make that even my kids help me whenever I make these katlis. I have also posted other amazing sweets recipes like Atta Gulab Jamun, Kalakand, Besan Pista Rolls, and many more. Do try them as well.
- 250 grams Peanuts peeled & roasted on medium flame
- 50 grams Milk
- 100 grams Water
- 200 grams Sugar
- ¼ tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 tsp Ghee
- In a grinder add peanuts and grind to make a powder on pulse mode.
- Transfer it to a bowl then add milk powder in it and mix well.
- In a pan add water, sugar and cook till sugar is completely melted.
- Once sugar is dissolved add peanut powder and keep on mixing on medium flame.
- Next add cardamom powder, mix and cook till mixture starts to leave the surface.
- To check if the mixture is ready or not take a little amount of mixture on the spatula and let it cool a bit. Once cold damp your figures and make a small ball if you can make a ball that means the mixture is ready.
- Turn off the heat and then add ghee in it and mix well.
- Keep mixing till the mixture is 75% cold.
- Once mixture is cold it will gain a dough like consistency.
- Stick butter paper on a board and grease it well with ghee.
- Now place the dough on butter paper and knead a bit like dough.
- Next with the help of a rolling pin flatten it out.
- Apply silver foil on top of the flat dough and let it cool down for 1-1.5 hours.
- After 1.5 hours cut the katli in desired shape and size.
- Cover and let it rest for 7-8 hours or overnight to gain shape completely.
Let me know in the comment section how did you like this recipe.