Methi ka Paratha | Fenugreek Paratha Recipe Healthy and tasty methi paratha is ideal choice for an amazing and quick breakfast.
In Indian cuisine Parathas are integral part of daily menu. There are different varieties of parathas popular in different regions. Also now a days even many experimental verities are available on the streets and restaurants. Aloo paratha, mooli ka paratha, onion paratha, lachha paratha, pizza paratha, egg paratha, methi paratha, cheese paratha, muglai paratha and the list just goes on.
Today I am making these yummy methi parathas in a little different way. I have finally nailed the perfect recipe to make these delicious parathas. Now I make these parathas whenever I crave for it. I have also posted other paratha recipes like Palak Paneer Paratha, Rajasthani Korma Roti, Bread Paratha and many more.
- Meethi Leaves separated from stem & chopped
- 1 Green Chilli
- 10-12 Garlic Clove
- ½ inch Ginger
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ¼ cup Gram Flour
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp Ajwin crushed
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- 1 Potato boiled & grated
- 2 tbsp Oil
- In a grinder add green chili, garlic cloves, salt, ginger and grind to make a paste.
- In a bowl add whole wheat flour, gram flour, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, ajwain, coriander powder, coriander leaves and fine chopped methi leaves.
- Next add the ginger, garlic, masala, grated potato, salt, oil and mix well.
- Once everything is mixed add water to knead a dough.
- Cover the dough and keep it aside for 10 minute.
- After 10 minutes apply some dry flour on your hands & make small dough balls on it.
- There are three ways to make these parathas:1- Dip dough in dry flour and roll to make a thin roti.2- For the second method dip dough in dry flour and roll a bit, then apply some oil and fold as shown in the video. Then roll to make a thin paratha.3- For third method make a big roti, apply some oil fold to make a triangle paratha and then roll again to make it thin.
- To cook the paratha heat a pan, grease it with oil place the paratha and let it cook from one side.
- Flip and apply some oil on top, spread well and then flip.
- Do the same on the other side as well, press and cook till crisp from both the sides.
You May Also Like: