Instant Sweet & Sour Chutney Recipe | We frequently use sweet and sour chutney in Indian cuisine, specially when it comes to serving with chaats, dahi wada, samosa and many other snack items. Normally this chutney is made from tamarind or raw mango that requires long time to prepare. In this recipe I tried to cut short the process and make this in minutes without much preparations.
This dish is made from the basic ingredients, hence very easy and it can be stored in fridge for very long time, so you make it in large quantity and save for later. I have also posted other yummy chutney recipes like Raw Mango Chutney, Onion Chutney, Kachee Aam Ki Lungi and many more. Do try them as well.
This is a go-to recipe for me to spice up a simple snack. Let me know in the comment section how did you like this chutney.
Instant Sweet and Sour Chutney Recipe
- 3 tsp Dry Mango Powder
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp Cumin Powder
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- Heat a pan on medium high add water and sugar to it.
- Let water and sugar boil for 8 minutes.
- Next add all the masala, mix and let it boil again for 4-5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes turn off the heat and let it cool down completely.
PS: this one one of my oldest videos 🙂