Palak Aloo ki Sabji | Spinach Potato Masala | Easy to make, healthy and tasty aloo palak ki sabji is a good alternate to regular sabji that we usually make at home for lunch and dinner. I make this sabji or vegetable whenever I get fresh and lush green spinach in the market.
For this recipe we do not need any long list of ingredients. Most of the ingredients are readily available at home. This aloo palak ki sabji goes well with roti, puri, paratha or rice. I have also posted other easy to make lunch and dinner recipes like Lehsuni Aloo Matar, Dum Aloo, Hare Pyaz ki Sabji and many more. Do explore them as well.
Follow this recipe step by step to get the perfect recipe.
Palak Alu Sabji
- 3-4 cups Spinach washed & drained
- 3-4 Potato boiled & cut in cubes
- 1 Onion fine chopped
- 2 Tomato blended to make thin paste
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 10-12 Garlic Clove fine chopped
- 1 inch Ginger fine chopped
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1.2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 2 Dry Red Chillies
- 1 Star Anise
- 1 Big Cardamom
- 1 Cinnamon Sticks
- 4 Cloves
- ¼ cup Water
- In a pan add spinach and saute for a while cook till dry.
- Keep the heat on high till the water released, turn off the heat and let it cool down completely.
- Once cool down blend to make a coarse paste of it.
- Now in a pan heat some oil and the add whole spices in it.
- Cook for a few seconds, then add cumin seeds and after a few seconds add onions.
- Cook till onion turn pink in color next add chopped ginger, garlic and cook till onion is golden brown.
- Next add turmeric powder, tomato puree cover and cook till mixture releases oil.
- After oil is released add potato, red chilli powder, coriander powder and mix well.
- Once potato is saute add spinach, salt and mix well.
- Now cook for 2 minutes and then add water.
- Increase flame to full, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now mix and cook till water dries next add garam masala powder and then turn off the heat.