Lauki ka Halwa | Dudhi Halwa Recipe | Ghiya Halwa | This recipe of lauki halwa is very unique in taste and easy to make. It requires very basic ingredients and can be prepared quickly.
I make this recipe frequently as this is one of the most favorite dishes in my house. Although a lot of people don’t like eating lauki or bottle gourd but I am sure all of them would love this sweet dish made with lauki.
Lauki Halwa | Lauki Sheera | Lauki Ka Halwa | Lauki Ka Sheera |
- 900 gm Lauki
- ¼ cup Ghee
- 4 Small Cardamom
- ½ cup Malai/ Fresh Cream/ Whipping Cream
- ¾ cup Milk
- 7 tbsp Sugar
- Cardamom Powder
- Wash and peal the bottle guard.
- Chop off both the edges and cut it into two parts.
- Now take a grater and grate from the bigger end of it.
- In a large pan add in ghee and spread it throughout properly.
- Add crushed small cardamom, add grated bottle gourd, mix it well and cook on high flame for 7-8 minutes while stirring it continuously.
- After 8 minutes spread the Lauki on pan and add malai to it, give it a good mix.
- Now add in milk, mix it well and reduce the heat to lowest flame.
- Cover and let it cook for 20 minutes while stirring in between.
- After 20 minutes add sugar, mix well and cook on high flame for 1 minute till sugar dissolves.
- Once sugar is melted reduce the flame, cover and cook for 20 minutes again while stirring in between.
- After 20 minutes remove the lid and increase the flame to high.
- Cook halwa on high and add cardamom powder.
- Cook till halwa releases ghee and turn golden pink.
- Garnish with fried chopped nuts and mix well.
- Make sure that you just grate the sides and don’t great the area with seeds.
- Bottle gourd gets oxidized fast so keep grating and adding it to the pan side by side.
- Use fresh Lauki for faster cooking and better taste.
- Make sure that you don’t wash the grated bottle gourd or else halwa will taste watery.
- Make sure that you cook Lauki properly or when you add milk the mix will get curdled.
- You can also use condensed milk at the time of adding malai if you want and if you are using condensed milk then reduce the quantity of sugar.
Let me know in the comment section with what you like this dish.