How to make danedar atte ka halwa | Atta Halwa Recipe
This halwa is very famous in North India and specially made as prasad during vrat or festivals. Do try this danedar atte ka halwa which is loaded with ghee and I am sure you will love it. Atta halwa can be served alone or can be combined with kale chane and poori to make a complete prasad meal. You can make this Atta Halwa for any vrat, katha prasad or for just any other occasion.
There are different ways and proportions of making Atta Halwa. This is my version and proportions that work best for me. You can easily follow this recipe if you consider a few tips and tricks that I have given here. I have also posted other sweet dish recipes like Roti Halwa, Moong Dal Halwa, Suji Halwa and many more. Do check them out as well.
Prasad Wala Atte ka Halwa
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 cup Water boiling
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ¾ cup Ghee melted
- ¼ cup Ghee
- Cashew fine chopped
- Almonds fine chopped
- Add sugar in water and mix it well till sugar dissolves.
- Now in a pan add wheat flour, roast on low flame flame for 4-5 minutes.
- Next add melted ghee, mix well and cook till a nice brown colour is attained.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes and after 6 minutes add sugar water and keep on mixing.
- Once halwa absorbs all the water cook again for 5-6 minutes on low flame.
- Once halwa starts to leave the sides turn off the heat and make tadka.
- To make tadka in a pan add ghee, almonds, cashew and roast on low flame till crisp.
- Turn on the heat again add tadka and cook again for 1 minute.
- Add tadka and mix well.
- Cook for a bit and then serve.
Let me know in the comment section with what you like this dish.