Egg Omelet or Egg Omelette recipe: Indian style egg omelet or omelette with some spices and fresh herbs. This is one of my favorite breakfast. I like this bread omelet as it does not require much prep work, you have all the ingredients available at home and it can be made in jiffy. If I go back to my home town and don’t visit Wahid’s omelet shop I would consider my trip as half fulfilled. If you even go close to his shop you can smell that captivating aroma of freshly cooked omelets every minute. Specially popular during winters, people would queue up to have that special Omelet while chatting around with friends. In this egg omelet or egg omelettte recipe I tried to get close to Wahid’s omelet. What make it unique is primarily how it served with little sprinkle of chat masala, bread right embedded into omelet and served with loose tomato chutney. It is this entire combination that makes it different.
Egg is one thing which is always available in my fridge. My family love eggs and I like to cook it in many ways like egg cheese toast, egg paratha, egg curry or simply boiled eggs. I like this egg omelette best when my hubby makes it for me 🙂 . Egg recipes are quite filling and healthy too. You can also add fine chopped green onions and very fine chopped bell peppers to make a different version of same egg omelet.
In India, you can see lots of vendors selling street food during evening like omelet, tawa pulao, egg paratha roll, pav bhaji, vada pav, and the list is endless.
Sometimes I keep this egg omelette for my kid’s lunch box as he liked it cold. For me I like it when it is hot. You can serve this bread omelette with tomato ketchup but it tastes best with spicy tomato and coriander chutney.
If you are looking for more egg and breakfast recipes do check scrambled egg sandwich, egg salad sandwich and more in breakfast and snack sections.
- 4 Eggs
- 4 tbsp Onion fine chopped
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- 2 Green Chilli fine chopped
- Black Pepper
- 4 Bread Slices
- Mix together eggs, onions, coriander leaves, green chilly, salt and black pepper. Whisk them gently.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil at medium hot pan and pour egg mixture on it. Spread the mixture over the pan and cook till it is almost half done.
- When omelet is half done take the bread pieces and put them on the omelet.
- Let it cook for couple of minutes and check the other side with the help of spatula. If it is brown and cooked turn it over and cook from this side.
- Gently press the bread and cook till omelet is brown from both the sides.
- Once omelet is nice brown from both the sides it is ready to serve. If you like sprinkle some chat masala on it.
- Serve bread egg omelette with tomato ketchup or tomato coriander chutney.