Oats Square | Oats Snack Recipe | Oats is a very healthy breakfast but not everyone loves the taste of it. This recipe of oats square will change that view forever.
I have used few veggies like carrots, corn, spinach in this recipe you can also add any veggie of your choice to customize it your taste buds. Also for this recipe I have used onion and garlic if you do not eat them you can just skip the same. For this recipe I would recommend you to use a non stick pan because when suji and oats mixture thickens it starts to stick a bit on a normal pan. This is a super quick recipe and can be served as breakfast or as a snack.
Oats & Suji are much more versatile ingredients than we think. I have tried to use them in many recipes like Oats Cutlets, Oats Idli, Oats Uttapam, Rava Uttapam, Suji Nasta and many others. I have also posted other quick breakfast recipes like Pizza Sandwich, Bread Paratha, Atta Cheela and many more. Do explore them as well.
Follow this recipe step by step to get the perfect oats squares.
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Ginger, Garlic, Chili
- 1 Onion fine chopped
- ¼ cup Carrots chopped
- ¼ cup Corn Kernels
- ½ cup Oats
- ½ cup Suji
- 1 cup Spinach washed & fine chopped
- ½ tsp Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp Chili Flakes
- 1 cup Water
- 2-3 tbsp Oil for frying
- In a pan add oil, ginger, garlic, chili and mix well.
- Next add onion and cook till onion is a bit soft.
- Onion is soft add carrot, corn kernels and cook a bit.
- Now add oats to it, suji mix well and cook for 1 minute.
- After 1 minutes add spinach, black pepper powder, chili flakes, salt and mix well.
- Next add water mix well and cook till mixture thickens by keeping the flame on full.
- Once the mixture thickens turn off the heat and grease a plate with oil.
- Spread the mixture on the plate and even it out with the help of a spatula.
- Let the mixture cool down completely once cold cut in square shape.
- In a pan add oil and let it heat a bit.
- Next add oats squares flip and fry from both the sides till crisp.
Let me know in the comment section how you liked this recipe of Oats Squares made from the basic ingredients.