Rava uttapam recipe videowith step by step instructions. Sooji uttapam can be made in minutes for breakfast. Quick instant rava uttapam is ideal for breakfast, kids lunch box and evening snacks. Uttapam is a famous breakfast or tiffin recipe in Indian cuisine. There are many different kinds of uttapmas I make at home. I make oats uttapam, bread uttapam, sooji uttapam and uttapam from dosa batter. How to make uttapam batter ? All you need rava or suji or cream of wheat. Lots of vegetables, eno fruit salt, curd and water. I like them as they are so good in taste, very healthy, it does not need and grinding for fermenting and very quick to make. Do try these uttapams and You and your family will love it.
- 1 cup Suji
- ¼ cup Curd
- ¼ cup Onion fine chopped
- ¼ cup Capsicum fine chopped
- ¼ cup Tomato fine chopped
- ¼ cup Carrots fine chopped
- 2 tbsp Peas frozen
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1-2 Green Chilli
- ¾ tsp Eno Fruit Salt
- In a mixing bowl take rava. Add yogurt, salt and mix well. Now add little water at a time and make a smooth batter.
- Cover the batter and let it rest for fifteen minutes. After fifteen minutes add chopped onions, tomatoes, capsicum, carrots and peas leaving one 1 tsp each to batter.
- Mix well and add little water if needed. Batter should not be very thick or thin. Add 1 -2 tsp of oil, mustard seeds, eno and mix it again.
- Heat the nonstick pan at medium low heat. Wipe the pan with moist tissue paper.
- Take a ladle full of batter and put it on the center of pan. With the help of ladle spread the batter in circular motion with gentle hands.
- Do not make the uttapam very thin otherwise they make break while flipping. Now take some veggies and put it on top of uttapam.
- Also put som green chilly. Gently press the veggies wth spatula so that they stick to the uttapam.
- Now cover the uttapam with lid for 1-2 minutes. After 2 minutes open the lid and pour little oil on the sides.
- Let the uttapm cook from down till it becomes golden brown and crisp. Flip it over once or twice till uttapam is fully cooked and crisp from both the sides. Once done transfer it to a plate and serve it hot with ketchup or green chutney.
- Do not use lots of yogurt. Proportion is for 1 cup of rava we need for only ¼ cup of yogurt of curd.
- More curd will make uttapam break while cooking.
- Soak curd and sooji for at least fifteen minutes.
- This will make rava puff and we will get nice crisp and fluffy uttapams.
- You can grate the veggies or fine chop them.
- You can make them plane or top them with veggies.
- You can skip or add green chilli according to your taste.
- You can make big or small size uttapams according to your choice.