Tasty, healthy and spongy Moong Daal Appe is a protein-rich breakfast that I would suggest each one of you try.
This dish of stuffed moong dal appe is a very healthy and fulfilling breakfast. At times when I want to eat a light dinner, I make them for dinner and serve with either Onion Chutney or Garlic Chutney. This dish can be made easier if you have moong dal soaked overnight.
Usually, I prefer overnight soaked moong dal but if you cant soak it overnight the soak at least for 4-5 hours. For this dish, I have made a stuffing of Paneer and vegetables like tomatoes, capsicum, the onion you can also add corn and any other vegetable. I have also posted other healthy breakfast recipes on my blog like Oats Uttapam, Moong Dal Nuggets, Grilled Tofu Sandwich and many more.
Follow this recipe step by step to get the perfect Moong Dal Appe.
Moong Dal Appe
- 1 cup Yellow Moong Dal soaked overnight
- ½ inch Ginger
- Green Chilli
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ cup Paneer grated or crushed
- 2-3 tbsp Capsicum fine chopped
- 2-3 tbsp Tomatoes fine chopped
- 2-3 tbsp Onion fine chopped
- Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- 1 tsp Chili Flakes
- ½ tsp Eno Fruit Salt/ Baking Soda
- Black Mustard Seeds
- Curry Leaves
- In a grinder add moong dal, ginger, green chili, water and grind to make a thick paste.
- Now transfer the mixture into a bowl add turmeric powder, salt and whip for 4-5 minutes.
- In a bowl add paneer, capsicum, onion, tomatoes, coriander leaves, chili flakes, salt and ix well.
- Now make small balls of the stuffing.
- After 4-5 minutes add eno to the batter and mix well.
- Next grease an appe pan with oil, sprinkle some mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Next add dal batter and fill only half of each compartment.
- Place the stuffing in the center and cover with batter again.
- Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or till crisp from the bottom.
- After 2 minutes add little oil on the sides and cover it again let it cook.
- Flip them after some time and repeat the same again.
Let me know in the comment section how you liked this recipe.