Corn fritters recipe or corn pakora recipe video – easy to make, super delicious, crispy corns seasoned with chaat masala and lime juice. Serve these corn pakoras or corn fritters with hot and crisp with a cup of tea.
Crispy corns is a simple snack made with corns, all purpose flour and corn starch. They taste very different from regular corn pakoras as we do not use gram flour as a base. They are flavored with garlic, ginger and chaat masala. To give them little twist I sautéed them further in veggies which makes them much tastier.
I first ate crispy corns in a restaurant and did not like them at all. They were very oily and little blunt in taste. I wondered why they were so popular and I still did not like them. May be it was just my expectations with them. So I decided to experiment a little and alter them slightly to a taste that I like and finally I found the right way that makes them less oily, flavorful and more delicious by adding some veggies.
I used frozen corn kernels to make crispy corn fritters. If you do not have it or do not like to use them you can use corn cobs too. Just boil them in water, once cooked drain the water out and let them cool down and then remove the corn kernels with knife. If you are using frozen corn kernels make sure they are at room temperature.
I always have packets of frozen peas and frozen corn kernels in my fridge. I use corns to make veg pockets, pizza paratha, bread katori chaat, baked bread rolls and lot more. Crispy corn fritters can be made in minutes if you have frozen corns kernels in the fridge. It does not need any prep work and your simple snacks can be made in jiffy.
Crispy corn pakoras are complete in itself and you do not need any sides like chutney or ketchup to accompany them. The recipe is very easy. First make batter with corns, all purpose flour, corn flour/ corn starch, ginger garlic paste and add seasoning and water and make small size corn pakoras. To garnish them saute veggies in little oil, add corn fritters and season them with chaat masala and lime juice.
Enjoy these sweet, sour & tangy crispy corn fritters in evening or as tea time snack. Make it for kids after school snack or for parties and potlucks. If you are looking for more scrumptious snacks,starters and appetizers you may also like chutney bombs, Chinese pakora, tortilla spring rolls, cheese balls, veg rangoons and lot more in snacks and starter section of the blog.
Crispy Corn Fritters Video Recipe
Crispy Corn Fritters Detailed Recipe Card
- Frozen Corn Kernels: 1 cup
- All purpose flour or maida: 2 tbsp
- Corn flour or corn starch: 2 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste: 1 tbsp
- Fine chopped green onions: ¼ cup
- Sliced bell peppers or capsicum: ¼ cup
- Lemon juice: 1 tbsp
- Chaat masala
- Oil for frying
- If using frozen corns microwave corns for 30 seconds.
- If using corn cobs, boil them in water until they are tender. Drain the water and let them cool down. Take the corn kernels out with knife.
- Now in a mixing bowl take corn kernels, all purpose flour, corn flour, ginger garlic paste, salt and 2 tbsp of water. Mix everything together and make a thick batter.
- Heat oil in karahi or wok at medium heat. Take small portion of corn mixture and drop in oil and deep fry them till they are nice golden brown and crispy.
- Take these pakoras/ fritters out on a paper towel to drain extra oil.
- Now heat another pan on medium heat and add I tsp of oil.
- Add fine chopped green onions and fry them for few seconds.
- Now add sliced bell peppers and fry for few more minutes.
- Add crispy corn fritters, chaat masala, lemon juice and mix everything.
- Switch off the heat. Crispy corns are ready to serve. Serve them hot with a cup of tea.
2. I did not use any ketchup as I used sweet corns I you like you can add little ketchup according to your choice.
3. Sauté veggies only for a minute we want crispy veggies.