Moong Dal Chips Recipe | Snacks Recipe | Yummy, crispy and healthy snack recipe to make at home.
Chips are available in the market in many forms, but here I have brought to you a recipe that is tastier and healthier alternative to those fatty chips and the best part is that they can be made easily at home.
My kids love store bought snacks. While I can not completely stop that, I encourage them to try out homemade snacks like this moond dal chips. These chips are different from traditional potato or corn based chips and made from moong dal. You can make these chips for tea time or carry on snack for small trips.
My kids love these crunchy moong dal chips and I guarantee if you follow some tips and tricks then this will become the snack of your house. So, let’s not waste any more time and dive into the recipe.
Moong Dal Chips
- ¾ cup Moong Dal
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Chaat Masala
- 1 tsp Nigella Seeds
- Chilli Flakes
- 1 tsp Carom Seeds
- ¼ cup Oil
- ¾ cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ¾ cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- Wash and soak moong dal for 3-4 hours.
- After soaking remove the excess water from it and transfer it into a grinder.
- Make a paste of it by adding little to no water in it.
- Once the paste is ready transfer it into a mixing bowl.
- In the same mixing bowl add black pepper, cumin seeds, chaat masala, nigella seeds, chilli flakes, carom seeds,oil and mix it well.
- Now add all-purpose flour, wheat flour, salt and knead the batter like a dough.
- Once dough is ready cover and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes grease hands with oil and knead the dough again.
- Divide the dough into half, take one half and cover and keep the other.
- Make a log out of the one half of the dough, now divide the log into 7-8 parts.
- Take one part and roll it in between your palms to smoothed it, do the same for each one.
- Now take one part and roll it into a thin circle, prick it with a fork.
- Cut the thin circle into 6 pieces, do the same with all of the dough.
- Now take a pan with oil in it and heat it till its medium hot.
- Put the chips in it and fry in medium hot oil till chips are crisp and golden brown.
- Flip it after some time and cook from both the sides.
- You can add more salt according to your taste.
- I have not used water to knead the dough but if you think your dough is not binding then add a little water and knead it.
Let me know in the comment section how you liked this crunchy recipe.