Pizza Rolls : easy pizza rolls made on pan or tawa without oven. If you do not have oven or do not want to use oven then make these pizza rolls on pan.
Pizza rolls is a simple snack which is loved by kids and adults alike as it tastes almost like pizza. My kids like pizza or I should say they love pizza so I make different variations of pizza for them like pizza paratha, pizza sandwich, pizza on pan and these pizza rolls.
Pizza rolls are super simple to make. It is made from the same dough which we use for making pizza. You can use any stuffing which tastes good in pizza as topping. Also I have used pizza sauce but if you do not have pizza sauce you can always use pasta sauce instead and if you are a fan of pesto like me you can use that too in place of pizza or pasta sauce. I have used mozzarella cheese but you can use any cooking cheese here.
Today I made these pizza rolls on pan or tawa but if you like you can bake them at 380 F for twelve to fifteen minutes or till they become golden brown. These pizza rolls are my kids’ snacks when they come home after school or after playing. If you want you can make dough and stuffing ahead of time. Just make pizza rolls and let them proof for an hour and cook them on pan or bake them.
Here are some tips and tricks on How to make perfect pizza rolls :
- Knead soft and elastic dough and give enough resting time.
- After first proofing punch and knead the dough again.
- Cook stuffing till it becomes dry and mix cheese only when it is completely cold.
- Cover the stuffing properly in the rolls otherwise it will come out during cooking or baking.
- Make sure to grease the pan and the plate which you are going to use during cooking.
- Make sure you cook them on heavy pan and on very low heat.
- Cover the lid with cotton cloth so that steam water does not fall on the rolls and make them soggy.
- Cook buns from both sides till they are golden brown.
Pizza Rolls Recipe Video Recipe:
Pizza Rolls Recipe Card:
- For making dough:
- All purpose flour: 2 cups
- Water: ¾ cup + 2 tbsp
- Dry Active yeast: 1tsp + ¼ tsp
- Sugar: 2tsp
- Salt: ½ tsp
- Butter: 1 tbps
- For stuffing:
- Oil: 1tbsp
- Garlic: 1-2 cloves
- Chopped onions: ⅔ cup
- Chopped mushrooms: ⅔ cup
- Corn kernels: ½ cup
- Chopped olives: ½ cup
- Grated mozzarella cheese: ⅔ cup
- Chilly flakes: 1tsp
- Pizza seasoning: ½ tsp
- Pizza sauce or pasta sauce: 3 tbsp
- Warm ⅔ cup of water (not boiling hot but if you put your finger it should feel hot). Add sugar and yeast in it.
- Mix well and leave it for 2-3 minutes or till you see froth on top.
- In a big mixing bowl take all-purpose flour and salt. Mix it with the help of spoon.
- Now make hole in the center and add all the yeast water in it. Mix it well with the spoon.
- Now use your hand and knead and stretch the dough as shown in video.
- Add more water if needed. At the end we want soft and elastic dough.
- Once dough is ready take butter in your hands and apply and knead it in the dough.
- Now cover the bowl with the cling wrap and let it rest for 2 hours or till it doubles in volume.
- In the meanwhile heat oil in a pan. Add garlic and saute till raw smell or garlic is gone.
- Now add chopped onions, mushrooms, salt and cook till they become dry.
- Now add corn kernels, olives, chilly flakes, pizza seasoning and pizza sauce.
- Mix and cook everything till mixture becomes dry.
- Now transfer the stuffing in a bowl, keep it aside and let it cool down completely.
- And once it cools down add cheese in the stuffing and mix it well.
- Now take a heavy bottom pan and grease it with little oil.
- Also cover the lid with a cotton cloth as shown in video.
- After 2 hours take out the dough. Grease your hands with little oil and knead the dough once again.
- Now divide the dough in 7-8 parts.
- Take one portion and press the edges with fingers and make it a disk shape or you can also do it by rolling like chapati.
- Put generous amount of stuffing in the center and cover it from all the sides.
- Make sure stuffing is covered from all the sides.
- Gently roll it between your palms and give it a ball shape.
- Put it on the greased pan. Make 4 more balls and put them on pan.
- Make sure you put them little far from each other as they will expand in size after proofing.
- Now cover the pan with the lid and let it rest for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour they will become almost double of it’s size.
- Put the pan on very low heat, cover and let the buns cook for fifteen minutes.
- Now take a greased plate and put it on the buns and flip the pan on plate as shown in video.
- Put the buns from uncooked side down and cook them for another five to six minutes or till they become golden brown from this side too.
- Once Pizza rolls become nice golden brown from both the side switch-off the heat and apply some butter on them.
- Serve them hot with some chilly flakes and tomato ketchup.
2. After first proofing punch and knead the dough again.
3. Cook stuffing till it becomes dry and mix cheese only when it is completely cold.
4. Cover the stuffing properly in the rolls otherwise it will come out during cooking or baking.
5. Make sure to grease the pan and the plate which you are going to use during cooking.
6. Make sure you cook them on heavy pan and on very low heat.
7. Cover the lid with cotton cloth so that steam water does not fall on the rolls and make them soggy.
8. Cook buns from both sides till they are golden brown.
If you are looking for more kids snacks recipes or kids after school recipes you may also like baked bread rolls, tortilla spring rolls, egg cheese toast, roti cutlets, cheese rolls.