Wheat Flour Cake Recipe | Spongy, fluffy and delicious wheat cake recipe | I just love cakes and mostly make them at home for special occasions at home. Since I make them often, I try to make them in different ways and also if possible with wheat flour instead of all-purpose-flour.
I love this recipe as it is the healthy alternative to the regular cake available in the markets and consists of no preservatives. This cake recipe is also very unique as it is not made in a cooker, microwave or oven, rather it is made in a pan or kadhai which is easily available at home. The cake with this method comes out perfectly fluffy and spongy, just like traditional oven method. This recipe also does not require egg or milk.
This is an easy recipe, can be done quickly and is completely hassle-free. I have also posted other similar recipes like Dora Cakes, Chocolate Cake, Mango Cake and many more. Do explore them as well.
Wheat Flour Cake
- 1 cup Curd
- ¾ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Oil
- ¾ tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1½ cup Wheat Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¾ tsp Baking Powder
- Take a large kadhai or pan, put a stand in center, cover and heat it on low flame for 8-10 minutes to pre-heat.
- To prepare the pan grease the pan well from ghee/oil/butter, the cover with butter paper and grease it too.
- Take a big bowl and add curd, sugar and oil in it. Beat the curd until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Now add vanilla essence and mix well. Put a sieve on top and sieve in wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Make a smooth, lump free batter by mixing the mixture with a spatula. Use cut and fold for 12-15 times to mix everything properly.
- Put the batter in the pan and tap 2-3 times. Sprinkle some chopped nuts on it.
- Place the pan with batter in pre-heated pan and cover. Cook on lowest flame for 45-50 minutes.
- After 50 minutes check the cake by poking it with a toothpick, if toothpick comes out clean means it is ready.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool down completely. Once cold flip it out on a plate.
- If you don’t have butter paper then sprinkle some dry all-purpose flour on it.
- If you want to skip vanilla essence then you can use cardamom powder.
- If you feel cake is not cooked properly then cook for a few more minutes on lowest flame.
- If you want to cook cake in a microwave cook at 180 degree for 35-40 minutes.
Let me know in the comment section how you liked this recipe.
You May Also Like:
Chocolate Milk Powder:
Vegetable Pasta Soup Recipe | Healthy Weight Loss Soup Recipe
Chocolate Ladoo Recipe | No Cooking Instant Chocolate Laddu Recipe
Gulab Jamun recipe with just 2 ingredients – How to delicious and easy Gulab Jamun at home?