Spinach Cheese Balls Recipe: Quick snack made with very basic ingredients mostly available at home. These spinach cheese balls are easy to make and easy to eat. Do try them out. I am sure you will love it. Cheese balls are made in many ways. I have already posted the recipe of stuffed cheese balls which I named cheese kachori. They are also super quick, super delicious and loved by many of my viewer friends. These spinach cheese balls are very different from stuffed cheese balls and very different in taste. Worth trying! Making spinach cheese balls is very simple. Make spinach puree and mix bread crumbs in it and make a soft dough. Make small discs of spinach dough and stuff them with cheese mixture and deep fry them till they become nice brown and crispy. For making cheese balls I have used grated mozzarella cheese but you can also use cheddar cheese or mixture or mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Also it is very important that before frying these cheese balls should be smooth and have no cracks otherwise they may break in oil. If you feel spinach dough is too soft mix some more bread crumbs. Deep fry cheese balls on medium heat.
These spinach cheese balls are crisp from outside and smooth, creamy and cheesy from inside. You can serve these cheese balls with tomato ketchup or hot chiily sauce. My kids just love them. If you are looking for more kids recipes you may also check out baked bread rolls, veggie nuggets, Chinese pakora, veg rangoons, bread uttpam and lot more in snacks and appetizer section of the blog.
Spinach Cheese Balls
- ¼ cup Spinach
- ¾ cup Bread Crumbs
- ½ cup Mozzarella Cheese/ Processed Cheese grated
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- ¼ cup Onion fine chopped
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
- ¼ tsp Garlic grated
- In a bowl mix together spinach puree, grated garlic, bread crumbs,corn flour and pinch of salt.
- Mix them well and make a soft dough and keep it aside. If you feel mixture is too soft add some more bread crumbs.
- In another bowl mix together cheese, chilly flakes and fine chopped onions.
- Take small portion of cheese mixture and make small balls and keep them aside.
- Now take some oil and grease your hands and take portion of spinach dough and pat it to small disc.
- Put one cheese ball in the center of spinach disc and cover the cheese ball from all the sides. Gently roll the ball and keep it aside.
- In this way make all the cheese balls. Once spinach cheese balls are ready once again grease your hands with oil and roll and smoothen the balls once again.
- Deep fry these balls till they are brown and crispy from both the sides. Serve them hot and crisp with chilly sauce and ketchup.