Toast is a dish of bread which is made by toasting bread and making it brown. Aloo bread toast is a newer version of bread toast that has been originated from the streets of the Indian subcontinent. This is a very famous dish that is enjoyed mostly with tea. This dish consists of a yummy blend of onion, chilli and coriander leaves.
Crispy Aloo Toasts
- 3 Potato oiled and mashed
- 1 Onion small
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- 1 Chilli fine chopped
- ½ tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Chaat Masala
- 2 tbsp All-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 pinch Salt
- In a bowl add potato, onion, coriander leaves, chilli, salt, garam masala powder, coriander powder, chaat masala.
- Mix everything well and keep it aside.
- In a bowl add all-purpose flour, chilli flakes, salt and mix well. Add water and make a thin smooth batter.
- Take a slice of bread and spread a thin layer of ketchup on it.
- Apply a thin layer of potato mixture on it.
- Coat with thin layer of batter on the bread.
- Now take a non-stick pan and spread some ghee on it.
- Put toast on thepan with batter facing down side and press a bit with hands.
- Press in between for even cooking and apply a thin layer of ghee on top.
- Flip and cook from the other sides till crisp and golden in colour.
- Garnish it with tomato, cucumber and coriander leaves.
- You can use any bread of your choice.
- I have chosen white sandwich bread.
Potato and bread are two such ingredients that are present in most households. This recipe that is given here is super easy to make and can be made in a jiffy. This yummy and crispy recipe can be served as snacks and even breakfast. This recipe tastes best when made with tea and is one of the favourite evening snacks at my home. Make this recipe with minimum ingredients at home and get the flavours of the Indian streets. Make this recipe perfect by following a few simple tips and tricks. So, let’s dive into the crispy and tasty recipe.