Crispy Aloo Toasts | Aloo Toast Recipe | Potato Toast | I always like to make recipes from bread and this aloo bread toast is one of my favorite recipes which I learnt from mother in law.
It is a very easy, quick, healthy and very tasty dish. You can make these aloo toasts for breakfast, evening snacks or even pack for kids lunch box. These toasts are made with yummy blend of potatoes, onions, chili and coriander leaves, topped with fine chopped onions, tomatoes and cucumber.
Potato and bread are two such ingredients that are present in most of the households. This recipe is super easy to make and can be done in a jiffy. These yummy toasts can be served as snacks or as breakfast. A lovely dish to serve with a hot cup of tea or coffee. Hope you too enjoy it.
Crispy Aloo Toasts
- 3 Potato boiled and mashed
- 1 Onion small
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- 1 Chilli fine chopped
- ½ tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Chaat Masala
- 2 tbsp All-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 pinch Salt
- In a bowl add potato, onion, coriander leaves, chilli, salt, garam masala powder, coriander powder, chaat masala.
- Mix everything well and keep it aside.
- In another bowl add all-purpose flour, chilli flakes, salt and mix well. Add water and make a thin smooth batter.
- Take a slice of bread and spread a thin layer of ketchup on it.
- Apply a thin layer of potato mixture on it.
- Coat with thin layer of batter on the bread.
- Now take a non-stick pan and spread some ghee or oil on it.
- Put toast on the pan with batter facing down side and press a bit with hands.
- Press in between for even cooking and apply a thin layer of ghee or oil on top.
- Flip and cook from the other sides till crisp and golden in colour.
- Garnish it with tomato, cucumber and coriander leaves.
- You can use any bread of your choice.
- I have chosen white sandwich bread.
I like making this toast for snacks as well. It pairs amazing with tea.