Aloo Malai Tikka Recipe | Tikka Recipe Without Grill | Are you bored of eating the regular paneer malai tikka and are looking for something different? Then this aloo malai tikka is what you could give a try. This grilled aloo tikka recipe is an easy version to make tikka at home without the barbeque grill.
You can serve these Aloo Malai Tikka with mint chutney or any other dip or chatni of your choice. This aloo malai tikka is nothing like what you may have tasted before, so it is surely worth giving a try. You can make it as starter or snack for parties, specially when you are looking for something vegetarian snack recipe. I have also posted other party recipes like Suji Paneer Nuggets, Hariyali Paneer Tikka, Paneer Butter Masala and many more on my page. So check them out as well.
Aloo Malai Tikka is a fun dish which is loved by people of all age groups. Here is the detailed recipe of this unique snack.
Aloo Malai Tikka
- ½ cup Hung Curd
- ¼ cup Cream/Malai
- Cashew Paste
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 tsp Dry Fenugreek Leaves
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
- Salt according to taste
- Coriander Leaves chopped
- 12-15 Cashew
- 7-8 Garlic Clove
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1 inch Ginger
- In a blender blend cashew, ginger, garlic and chilli together with some water.
- In a pan add some water and the add in baby potatoes.
- Boil potato upto 80%, once boiled add drain water and peel potatoes.
- In a bowl add curd, cream, cashew paste, garam masala, black pepper, chilli flakes, dry Fenugreek Leaves, cumin powder, chopped coriander, salt and mix it well.
- Now add corn flour to give thickness to the batter.
- Add boiled potato, chopped onions and capsicum to the marinade and mix it well using hands, cover it and keep it in fridge for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour take the vegetables out and place them in the metal skewer.
- First place in capsicum, onion and then potato, repeat the order until it reaches the top.
Cooking of Tikka
- Take a large pan and grease it with ghee or butter.
- Once the pan is hot place the skewers on it and keep on rotating for uniform cooking. Cook till the tikka becomes golden brown.
- For the tandoor flavour we will grill the tikka on stove.
- Take a fork and place the skewer in between it and keep on rotating for uniform cooking.
- Before serving squeeze in few drops of lemon juice and serve it hot.
- Don’t use potatoes that are very big.
- Cook the potatoes only till 80% or else it will start breaking.
- Chop onion and capsicum of medium size.
- Use fresh cream if malai isn’t there.
- If you are using wooden skewer, soak them in water for 1-hour prior using.
Do let me know in the comment section about your opinions.