Are you bored of eating the regular paneer malai tikka and are looking for a change in flavours, then this aloo malai tikka is what you should be looking for? This grilled aloo tika recipe will make your taste buds go crazy over its rich and delicious flavours.
Aloo tikka finds its roots in the northern side of the country and this style of cooking is developed in the imperial kitchen of India’s Muslim rulers or the Mughal dynasty. This aloo malai tikka is nothing like what you have had before, this is an easy recipe that can be made by putting in minimum effort and maximum love. This aloo malai recipe is the best starter to an amazing formal dinner. Aloo Malai Tikka represents a royal delicacy. This is a fun dish which is loved by people of all age groups. Follow the steps and you can make this unique and recipe at your home.
Aloo Malai Tikka
- ½ cup Hung Curd
- ¼ cup Cream/Malai
- Cashew Paste
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 tsp Dry Fenugreek Leaves
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
- Salt according to taste
- Coriander Leaves chopped
- 12-15 Cashew
- 7-8 Garlic Clove
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1 inch Ginger
- In a blender blend cashew, ginger, garlic and chilli together with some water.
- In a pan add some water and the add in baby potatoes.
- Boil potato upto 80%, once boiled add drain water and peel potatoes.
- In a bowl add curd,cream, cashew paste, garam masala, black pepper, chilli flakes, dry Fenugreek Leaves, cumin powder, chopped coriander, salt and mix it well.
- Now add corn flour to give thickness to the batter.
- Add boiled potato,chopped onions and capsicum to the marination and mix it well using hands,cover it and keep it in fridge for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour take the vegetables out and place them in the metal skewer.
- First place in capsicum, onion and then potato, repeatthe order until it reaches the top.
Cooking of Tikka
- Take a large pan and grease it with ghee or butter.
- Once the pan is hot place the skewers on it and keep on rotating for uniform cooking. Cook till the tikka becomes golden brown.
- For the tandoor flavour we will grill the tikka on stove.
- Take a fork and place the skewer in between it and keep on rotating for uniform cooking.
- Before serving squeeze in few drops of lemon juice and serve it hot.
- Don’t use potatoes that are very big.
- Cook the potatoes only till 80% or else it will start breaking.
- Chop onion and capsicum of medium size.
- Use fresh cream if malai isn’t there.
- If you are using wooden skewer, soak them in water for 1-hour prior using.