Panjiri Recipe or Panjeere Recipe for Pooja: Panjiri or Panjeere is one of the main prasad which I make for pooja at home. Whether it’s Satyanarayan pooja or Janamashtami or any other sacred occasion Panjiri is a must. This is my mom-in-law recipe and I really love it. It is very easy and can be done in minutes.
I still remember my childhood days when I used to go to any pooja celebration with my mom and prasad was always used to be panjiri with panchamrut. This authentic panjeere recipe will take you to your childhood memories and give you the same taste.
And as they stay prasad always tastes divine as it is full of blessings of Lord and love of the maker and so is this panjiri. Once you make it I am sure you are going to love it.
Panjiri Recipe or Panjeere Recipe for Pooja recipe card:
- Whole wheat flour: 1 cup,
- Sugar: ¼ cup,
- Ghee: 2 tbsp.
- Mixed nuts (cashews, almonds, raisins, walnuts, dry coconut): ½ cup
- Heat ghee at medium low heat in a heavy bottom pan.
- Fry all the nuts till they become crispy and light brown in color.
- Take the nuts out in a bowl.
- In the remaining ghee sauté the flour till it become light brown.
- Do not forget to stir it continuously. It might take 7-8 minutes.
- Once flour turns light brown in color and gives nice aroma take it out and let it cool down completely.
- Add sugar and nuts to the roasted flour and mix it well.
- Panjiri is ready.