Aloo Bhindi Recipe: It is simple everyday sabzi which goes very well with dal, roti and rice. This simple home style aloo bhindi masala/ alo bhindi ki sabji is quick and easy to do and loved by everyone. Bhindi/okra is a very common vegetable which is widely available all over the world. I also often make at it at home in many ways. In my blog you can see the recipe of Bhindi do pyaza, bharwa Bhindi/okra, Bhindi ka salan and now this aloo Bhindi. Aloo Bhindi recipe is very easy to do. Here I have not deep fried the okras, just chopped them and cooked them directly with potatoes and spices. To give extra taste I have also added some gram flour at the end that soaks extra water out gives us perfect aloo bhindi fry. Also I have added green chilly, red chilly and garam masala as I like this aloo bhindi ki sabzi little spicy. If you do not want it too spicy then you can skip the chillies.
- 20 Bhindi
- 1 Potato medium size
- 1 Onion small
- 5 Garlic Clove fine chopped
- 2 Green Chilli slit
- ½ tsp Fennel Seeds
- ½ tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- ½ tsp Ajwin
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Dry Mango Powder
- ¼ tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 2-3 tbsp Oil
- Wash Bhindi and dry them on kitchen towel. Slit the corners and chop them in ½” pieces and keep them aside.
- Peel and wash potatoes. Chop them in small cubes and mix with bhindi. Chop onion and garlic in small pieces and keep them separately.
- Heat oil in big pan at medium heat. Add fennel seeds, methi seeds and ajwain. Let them cook for few seconds or till you get nice aroma.
- Add chopped garlic, slit green chillies, sauté it for a minute. Add chopped onions and cook till onions become soft.
- Now add Bhindi, aloo, turmeric powder and salt. Mix everything, cover the pan and reduce the heat to medium low.
- Cook till potatoes and Bhindi are fully cooked. It will take 10-12 minutes. Saute them couple of times in between for even cooking.
- Now sprinkle red chilly powder, coriander powder, amchur powder, garam masala and besan over the veggies.
- Mix them nicely and cook in open for almost 5-6 minutes. Check the potatoes if they are fully cooked and also check for salt.
- If needed add salt accordingly and switch off the heat. Aloo bhindi ki sabzi is ready to serve.
- Choose the right Bhindi/okra. Look for bright color and smaller size okra.
- It is very important to dry them thoroughly with paper towel after washing and before chopping.
- Cook them covered for some time then also cook them in open for some time.
- Adding lemon juice or amchur powder also cut the slime.