Aloo Kurkure – Crispy Aloo Snack Recipe | Aloo kurkure is a snack made with potatoes, dal and flavor spices. These unique crisp potato snacks are ideal for tea time, evening snacks and parties. Aloo or potato is a versatile ingredient which can be used in different ways to make thousand of varieties. Aloo kurkure is a new addition to my blog. These are mouth watering, super crisp aloo patties which can be made quickly.
Aloo kurkure is a very easy and quick to make. If you have soaked moong dal ready these crispy appetizers can be made very fast. I have made aloo kurkure in two ways. One by rolling them in bread crumbs and one without it. Bread crumbs make them more crisp but if you want to skip you can do it the simple way.
So, lets go ahead with the recipe
- 3 Potato boiled
- ½ cup Yellow Moong Dal
- 2 tbsp Gram Flour
- ½ inch Ginger
- 4-5 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Green Chilli
- ½ tsp Dry Mango Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp Chaat Masala
- ½ cup Onion fine chopped
- 8-10 Curry Leaves
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- ¾ cup Bread Crumbs
- Wash and soak moong dal for 3-4 hours. after that strian the water. Take this dal in mixy jar, add salt, ginger, garlic ,chilly and very little water and make thick paste.
- Take it out in a bowl and add gram flour or besan to it. Mix it well and keep in aside.
- In a mixing bowl take boiled poatoes and break it into very small pieces. Add salt, red chilly, amchur, dhaniya, chaat masala, curry leaves, onions and coriander leaves.
- Mix it well. Now take small portions. roll it and smoothen the sides. Flatten them little bit with hands.
- In a mean while heat oil at medium high heat for frying. Now take moong dal paste and mix it again.
- Take one ball dip it in moong dal batter. Take it out and roll it in bread crumbs. Roll it gently between your palms so that bread crumbs stick to ball.
- Fry it from both the sides till it become golden brown and crisp. You can also directly fry aloo kurkure without coating them in bread crumbs.
- Once aloo kurkure are golden brown and crisp take them out. Serve aloo kurkure hot and crisp with chutney and ketchup.
You may also like:
Cheese Bread Kachori
Aloo ke Pakode
Hariyali Paneer Tikka