Aloo methi recipe – Learn how to make quick, easy methi aloo ki sabzi with Hindi video. This Punjabi dhaba style methi aloo is quick, healthy and yummy.To make aloo methi ki sabzi I have used mustard oil. It can also be made in any kind of refined oil. Aloo i have added lots of garlic to make it dhaba style methi aloo. Adding a table spoon or table spoon of ghee or clarified butter makes aloo methi super aromatic and delicious. I suggest not to skip.
Meethi Aloo Sabzi
- 3 cup Fresh Fenugreek Leaves
- 6-7 Baby Potato
- 8-10 Garlic Cloves fine chopped
- ½ cup Onion fine chopped
- ½ cup Tomatoes small pieces
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- ¾ tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt according to taste
- 1 Dry Red Chillies
- 4 tbsp Mustard Oil
- 1 tsp Ghee
- Wash methi leaves in water atleast 3-4 times. Roughly chop it. Wash, peel and cut baby potatoes : 6-7
- Heat 4 tbsp oil in kadai or wok and let it get warm. Now add whole chilly and cook for few seconds. Add cumin seeds and let it sizzle.
- To this add chopped garlic mix well and cook for 30 seconds. Cook garlic till you get nice aroma.
- Now add fine chopped onions, mix them and cook till onions are slightly pink.Once onions are little soft add turmeric or haldi powder and mix it.
- Now add baby potatoes, very little salt and mix it well. Cover the pan and make the flame to low and cook the potatoes for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes open the pan and stir the potatoes. Cover them again and cook for another 5 minutes on low flame.
- After 5 minutes mix the potatoes well and add coriander powder and chilly powder. Give them a nice mix and add chopped methi.
- Increase the flame to high and cook methi with potatoes till they are almost dry. Now add fine chopped tomatoes , some more salt and mix well.
- Cover the pan for 5 minutes and let the tomatoes become soft. Now open the pan and with the help of spatula.
- Mush the tomatoes and cook methi aloo for 2 more minutes. Methi aloo ki sabzi is ready and to give it more taste add 1 tsp of ghee.
- Cover the pan and switch off the heat and let methi aloo absorb the fragrance.Aloo methi is ready too serve. Serve aloo methi ki sabzi with dal rice, chapati or parathas.