Sheer khurma is basically made from semiya, milk, nuts, dates, sugar and flavoring. It’s a very special dessert for Eid or Ramadan. There are many ways of making this delicious dessert. Today I have not used condensed milk in making it. It is mainly made with ghee, semiya , milk and sugar. And in this sheer khorma recipe I have used less sugar as the dates and raisins will also give some sweetness. So adjust sugar according to your taste.Also while making sheer korma I have soaked nuts in water for 2-4 hours. This will give very nice taste to nuts, nuts will not burn while frying and will remain crisp for long time.Sheer khurma is made with fine thin semiyan. I have used only 1/4 cup of semiyan in 1 liter of milk as they thickens as they cool down. You can put little bit more if you want thick sheer korma.I like to serve sheer khurma hot during winters and chilled during summers. It’s a very easy recipe and I hope you will enjoy making and eating it with your love ones.
Sheer Khurma Recipe
- 1 litre Milk
- ¼ cup Vermicelli thin
- 2 tsp Ghee
- ¼ cup Almonds
- ¼ cup Cashew
- 4 Dates
- ¼ cup Pistachio
- 2 tbsp Raisins
- 1 tbsp Chironji
- ¼ tsp Cardamom Powder
- 8-10 Saffron Strings
- 6-8 tbsp Sugar
- Soak almonds, cashews and pistachios and chironji in water separately for 2-4 hours.
- After that peel the almonds cover. Now chop almonds, cashews, pistachios and dates thin length wise.
- Now heat 2 tsp of ghee in heavy bottom pan ( I prefer non stick). Add chopped nuts, raisins and chironji .
- Fry them till they are crisp and golden brown. Take them out in a plate. In the same ghee add semiya and roast them till they are golden brown.
- Take them out in a plate or bowl. Now in the same pan add milk. Stir it and let it come to a boil on medium high flame.
- Once milk comes to boil reduce the heat to low and cook the milk for 5-6 minutes.
- After 6 minutes add saffron strings and mix them well. Now add cardamom powder and roasted semiya.
- Increase the heat to medium high and mix them well. Cook semiya for 6-7 minutes.
- Keep stiring after every few minutes to avoid burning. After 6-7 minutes add sugar, more than half of roasted nuts and cook on medium flame for 4-5 minutes.
- Do not forget to stir after every few seconds to avoid burning. After 5 minutes switch off the heat.