Instant Indian Sweet Dish Recipe | Boondi or Motichoor Laddu Kheer (pudding) Recipe | Instant Indian Sweet recipe that can be made in minutes. This boondi laddu kheer can be made for festivals or parties or just as an everyday dessert. I made this kheer with leftover boondi laddoos but sometimes I just buy these laddus especially to make this kheer. I promise even you would make this again and again once you try it. When I was a little girl my mom used to make this amazing boondi laddu kheer and in no time she used to turn simple boondi ladoos to an exotic pudding (kheer). The best thing I like about this kheer is that it can be made in minutes and also does not require much preparation work. I always love quick dessert. You can also check out the recipe of sweet coconut paratha, chocolate laddu, sweet French toast, quinoa kheer, shahi tukda which are super easy and super quick to make.
Taking about this boondi laddu or motichoor laddu kheer, I have used laddoos with small boondi also called motichur. Also I have added very little extra sugar in thsi pudding as laddoos are already sweet enough. Adding saffron or elaychi powder gives nice aroma to this kheer. You can serve this kheer hot or chilled.
Boondi laddu kheer thickens itself over time as boondis absorb the milk. So if you are planning to serve it after 7-8 hours add warm milk according to the consistency you like, and boil the kheer again for few minutes.
If you are looking for more leftover recipes you may also like roti cutlet, egg tortilla or chapati wrap, idly fry, tawa pulao, egg paratha and roti pakoda.
- 3 Boondi Laddu
- 3 cups Milk to dissolve saffron
- 2 tbsp Milk to dissolve saffron
- 10 Pistachio and Almond each
- 10 Saffron Strings each
- 1½ tsp Sugar
- In a bowl take 2 tbsp of milk. Add 8-10 kesar (saffron) strings and microwave it for 30 seconds. After that dissolve the kesar with spoon and keep it aside.
- In a pan heat 3 cups of milk at medium heat for 10 minutes. Stir it continuously otherwise milk may stick to the bottom of the pan. In between, add kesar (saffron) dissolved in milk.
- Take ladoos and break them gently with the fork. After milk has boiled for 10 minutes add ladoos stir and cook for 5 more minutes.
- In between taste the sugar and if needed add sugar at this time. Stir and let the kheer cook for 5 more minutes. After 5 minutes, switch off the heat.
- Boondi laddu kheer is ready to serve. Garnish it with chopped mixed nuts.