Palak rice recipe or spinach rice recipe with step by step video in Hindi. Palak pulao is one of the best way to eat palak or spinach. It is flavorful, protein rich and complete meal in itself.
Spinach rice is one of my kids favorite dish. I often pack palak rice for their tiffin box or lunch box and they love to eat at at school. I often make boondi raita which goes very well with palak pulao.It is very easy to make this one pot spinach rice ( palak pulao). This palak rice is so yummy that you can also pack it for outings and picnic. Spinach rice can be made with any variety of rice but I suggest using basmati rice for best results.
While making palak rice make sure you do not put lot of water. Since rice is presoaked and spinach puree also has water. Spinach rice does not require lots of water while cooking. Here I have used only 2 cups of water for 1 1/2 cup of rice.You can also use carrots, soya chunks, beads along with potatoes in making spinach rice. And if you are looking for more quick and easy one pot rice recipes you may like egg biryani, double egg fried rice, veg pulao, veg biryani, schezwan rice. Do try this Spinach rice and I am sure your kids will love it. And if possible do share your feedback with me <3.
- ½ cup Basmati Rice
- 1½ cup Spinach Puree
- 2 Onion medium size, sliced
- 2 Tomato chopped
- 3 Potato cut into big pieces
- 4-5 Garlic Cloves fine chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Cinnamon Stick small
- 1 Big Cardamom
- 3-4 Cloves
- 3-4 Pepper Corns
- 2 cup Water
- 4 tbsp Oil
- Wash and soak rice for 1/2 hour. After 1/2 hour sieve the water. Now take a pressure cooker.
- Put oil and let it heat. Once oil is hot enough add tej patta, cloves, cinnamon, pepper, cardamom and cumin.
- Let them sizzle and add chopped garlic. When the garlic turns pink add onions, potatoes and salt. Saute well and cook till onions are soft.
- Now add turmeric , chilli , coriander and garam masala powder. Mix everything well and add tomatoes.
- Add 2-3 tbsp of water , mix and cook till tomatoes are soft and mushy. Now add spinach puree and cook till gravy leaves oil.
- Now add rice and mix it with gravy and let cook it for 2 minutes. Add 2 cups of water, check salt and take 1-2 whistles.
- After 2 whistles switch off the heat and let the cooker cool down before opening. Once cooker is cold open and gently fluff the rice.