If you are a North Indian you already know the value of Parathas in our lives. Every other day we eat paratha for breakfast. We have a huge variety of parathas in our menu. From pizza paratha to mooli ka paratha. And from anda paratha to cheese paratha. And for special dinner we sometimes make lachha paratha , warqi paratha along with naan. If you have ever been to North Indian marriages, tawa sabji and tawa parthas is among one of the main course. Whenever I attend any North Indian marriage I always hog on these stuffed parathas. There are many ways of making paneer paratha. Today I am making these gorgeous in little different way. One of my bhabhi nailed the recipe and made these paneer parathas exactly like shaadi wala paratha. It’s a jackpot for me . Now I also make these parathas whenever I am craving for it. To make these paneer parathas first I have added some oil and rava ( semoline or suji) along with oil in regular wheat flour ( atta). It makes paratha crisp from outside and melt in mouth from inside. Also I have used little more oil in cooking them ( after all they are shaadi wale tawa paratha).
- 1.5 cup Wheat Flour
- ¾ cup Paneer grated
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 tbsp Suji
- 2-3 tbsp Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- 2-3 Green Chilli fine chopped
- Salt according to tastw
- In a mixing bowl take grated paneer. Add chilly powder, coriander leaves, green chilly, salt and mix well and keep it aside.
- In another mixing bowl take flour add salt, semolina amd mix it.
- Now add 3 tsp of oil and mix it. Rub the flour between your palms for even and better mixing.
- Now add little water at a time and knead smooth and little hard dough ( like pooris). Cover the dough and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, grease your palms with little oil. Now take out dough and knead it once again and divide in 8 balls.and crisp.
- Take one ball and roll it to a small circle. Make sure it is thick in center and thin at edges.
- At the center put generous amount of stuffing. Press the stuffing with thumb and pinch and make plates with other thumb.
- Cover the stuffing properly and roll the ball with very gentel hands. Dip it in a dry flour and rub off the extra flour.
- Roll the dough ball with very gentle hands to a small disc. Heat pan on medium high heat.
- Pour 2-3 tbsp oil on it. Gently put the paratha on oil. Let it cook from down.
- Once you see brown spots on down side turn it over and cook it from other too. Cook the paratha till it golden brown
- Knead little hard dough.
- For first rolling make sure corners are thin and center id thick.
- After stuffing seal the paratha properly.
- Roll it very gentle hands and small.