Semiyan idli, vermicelli idli, semiya rava idli recipe video in Hindi. Soft melt in mouth sevai idli is ideal for breakfast or tea time snacks. Vermicelli or sevai is mostly use in making Upma . Try this new recipe with semiyan. You can eat these semiya or sevai idli with sambhar and peanut chutney. Mostly idli is made with fermented idli batter or idly rava or instant rava idli mix. This new variation of giving simple idli a new twist. By adding semiya, idlis become more soft and delicious.
How to make vermicelli idli? Process is very simple. Just roast vermecelli till light brown. Now in the same pan add little oil. Add raw dals, mustard seeds, curry leaves, cashews and peanuts. Roast till everything is crisp. You can also add some green chiily. To this add rava or sooji and roast till rava is light pink in colour.Cool the mixture. You can use the cold mixture to make semiya idli or store it in a air tight container for later use.When you are ready to make semiyan idli – vermicelli idli just add some yogurt and water. Keep for 20 minutes. Add eno fruit salt and make idlis.I really suggest to try these vermicelli idlis at least once and I am sure you will love them. I have also posted the recipe of a quick coconut chutney. This garlic coconut chutney goes very well with vermicelli idlis.
- ¾ cup Coconut chopped
- 12-15 Curry Leaves
- 1-2 Garlic Cloves
- 1-2 Green Chilli
- Salt according to taste
- 1.5 tsp Roasted Chana
- 1 cup Suji/Rava/Semolina
- 1 cup Vermicelli
- 1 cup Curd
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Broken Cashew
- 2 tbsp Peanuts crushed
- 1 tbsp Chana Dal
- 1 tbsp Urad Dal
- 8 Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Eno Fruit Salt
- Salt according to taste
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Oil for greasing
- In a mixer jar take all chutney ingredients. Add some water and grind to paste.
- Take a pan and dry roast vermicelli on medium heat till they are light brown.
- Take them out in a mixing bowl. In the same pan add 2 tsp of ghee and add both the dals.
- Roast them for few seconds and add cashew and peanuts. Stir and roast them till they are light brown in color.
- Now add curry leaves stir well and add mustard seeds. When mustard seeds crackle add suji.
- Roast suji till it gets light pink then transfer the mixture in bowl also add roasted vermicelli to it.
- Let the mixture cool down completely. When mixture is cold add curd , salt and mix well .
- To this add water and mix it. Cover the bowl and let it rest for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes grease idli mold with oil.
- Heat the steamer. Add eno fruit salt to batter and mix thoroughly. Transfer the mixture in idli molds.
- Steam idlis for 12-15 minutes. After 12-15 switch off the steamer take out the idli mold.
- Let it rest for few minutes. Take semiya rava idli out.