Suji Dhokla Recipe | Besan Suji Dhokla | Healthy, tasty and easy to make besan suji dhokla is loved by everyone in my family. This recipe of besan suji dhokla is ideal for breakfast, but you can also make it for the main course, as a side dish, or as a snack.
I find Gujarati food amazingly alluring as it is simple, packed with flavours and mostly light on tummy. I have also posted other healthy breakfast recipes like Sabji Suji Nastha, Besan Frankie, Tofu Sandwich and many more. Do try them as well.
The best part of dhokla is that it can be served as a snack or as breakfast. I have used besan and suji in this recipe to give them a little different taste and texture. Another thing I love about this recipe is that it requires very less amount of oil. I have also posted other interesting recipes like Besan Bhurji, Besan Toast, Besan Pyaaz ki Sabzi and many more that you may like to explore as well. So, without wasting any more time lets dive into the recipe.
Suji Besan Ka Dhokla
- ½ cup Curd
- ½ cup Suji/Rava/Semolina
- ½ cup Curd
- 1 Tomato fine chopped
- 1 Onion fine chopped
- 2-3 tbsp Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- 1 Green Chili & ½ inch Ginger crushed
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Oil
- 2 Dry Red Chillies
- Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Black Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
- In a bowl add gram flour, semolina, curd and mix well.
- Now add tomato, onion, coriander leaves, crushed chilli & garlic, turmeric powder, water and mix it well. fast.
- Add salt, mix and keep it away for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes add oil and beat it again for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add eno and beat the mixture
- Grease a bowl and transfer the batter immediately.
- In a big pan add water and place a stand on it.
- Place the greased bowl with batter in it, steam for 10-12 minutes on medium flame.
- After 10 minutes check with the help of a toothpick and let it cool down completely.
- After cooling cut into desired shape.
- Heat a small pan add oil, red chillies, curry leaves and let it fry.
- After a while add black mustard seeds, sesame seeds and then add dhokla to it.
- Crisp dhokla from both the sides.
- Make batter of idli batter consistency.
- If you don’t have eno use ½ tsp baking soda.
Let me know in the comment section how you liked this recipe.