Potato lollipop is a very quick and yummy snack for kids. It is also an ideal party snack which can be made in jiffy. These cute small potato lollipops are my kids favorite and I often make them for their snacks.
You can also try my spring rolls, homemade French fries, tortilla rollups, garlic bread rolls on pan . They are also cool kids favorite snacks and party hits.
I love making snacks which are quick to do. These potato lollipops is one of them. I like them as we get almost all the ingredients at home and of course they are very quick to do.
Potato lollipops are very easy to make. Just mix all the ingredients together, shape them like a ball, dip them in flour and water mixture, gently roll them in bread crumbs and deep fry them till they are golden brown and crisp. Sounds easy and delicious. Isn’t it!!!
Some tips on how to make perfect potato lollipop:
- Boil potatoes and cool them in fridge before making lollipops.
- Don’t mash them with hands, grate them. It’s easy.
- Make your own fresh bread crumbs. Just break bread in small pieces and grind them in grinder.
- Deep fry them at medium heat.
- Fry one potato ball first. If it cracks open mix some more bread crumbs and fry them again.
- Add few potato balls at a time while frying.
Do try these potato lollipops and I am sure you will love it.
Potato Lollipop Recipe Video:
Potato Lollipop Recipe Card:
- Potato lollipop
- Boiled potato: 2-3 or 1½ cup
- Bread crumbs: ½ cup
- Fine chopped onions: ¼ cup
- Fine chopped coriander leaves: 2-3 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste: 1 tbsp
- Red chilly powder: ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder: 1 tsp
- Amchur powder or lemon juice: ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- All purpose flour (maida): 2 tbsp
- Bread crumbs: ¼ cup
- Italian seasoning: 1 tsp
- Chilly flakes: 1 tsp
- Oil for deep frying
- ------For dip:
- Mayonnaise: 3 tbsp
- Thick curd or yogurt: ¼ cup
- Sugar: 1 tsp
- Salt a pinch
- Black pepper
- Fine chopped onions: 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- In a small bowl take all purpose flour and add little water at a time and make a runny, smooth slurry and keep it aside.
- In a small plate mix together bread crumbs, chilly flakes and italian seasoning and keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl grate potato.
- Add onions,coriander leaves,bread crumbs,ginger garlic paste,red chilly powder,coriander powder, amchur powder and salt.
- Mix them nicely and make small size balls out of it.
- Make smooth and crack free balls.
- Now heat the oil at medium heat.
- Once you are ready to fry take potato balls dip them in slurry.
- Take them out and roll them in bread crumbs.
- Now roll each ball between your palms so that bread crumbs sticks properly and don't come out while frying.
- Fry them till they are golden brown.
- To make a dip mix together mayonnaise, yogurt,salt,sugar,onions till they are smooth. Garnish with fine chopped coriander leaves,
2. Don’t mash them with hands, grate them.
3. Make your own fresh bread crumbs. Just break bread in small pieces and grind them in grinder.
4. Deep fry them at medium heat.
5. Fry one potato ball first. If it cracks open mix some more bread crumbs and fry them again.
6. Add few potato balls at a time while frying.