Creamy White Sauce Pasta Recipe | Pasta in fresh made white sauce with an easy recipe where pasta is cooked with lots of veggies and fresh white sauce is flavored with lots of herbs. This white sauce pasta recipe is always a hit among kids.
My kids love pastas so I often make them in many different ways, like in white sauce, red sauce and sometimes in a very special Indian spicy sauce. In this recipe, pasta is simmered in creamy white sauce and veggies and spiced with herbs and nutmeg. Sinfully delicious! To reduce the guilt I have used the pasta which is made with veggie puree :-D.
You can also check my Indian style pasta and veg pasta soup recipes. They are also super yummy and quick. To make this delicious white sauce pasta I have used veggies like carrots, mushrooms, capsicum broccoli but you can also use other veggies as well like corns, zucchini, cauliflower or any other veggies of your choice. If you want to decrease the cooking time you can also use frozen veggies. Just thaw them before using.
White Sauce Pasta
- 1 cup Pasta
- 1 tbsp Butter
- ¼ cup Onion chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves chopped
- ¼ cup Mushroom chopped
- ¼ cup All-purpose Flour
- ¼ cup Carrot chopped
- ¼ cup Capsicum chopped
- ¼ cup Broccoli
- 1 cup Boiled Milk
- 1 pinch Nutmeg Powder
- ¼ cup Fresh Cream
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 4 cups Water
- In boiling water add salt and pasta. Cook pasta according to instructions or till it is soft.
- Sieve and reserve ½ cup of pasta water for later use. Heat oil in pan and add garlic, saute and cook till raw smell of garlic is gone.
- Now add chopped onions, mushrooms, carrots, capsicum broccoli and little salt. Mix and cook veggies for 5 minutes or till they are little soft.
- Now reduce the heat to low and sprinkle all purpose flour over the veggies. Saute and cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add little milk at a time and mix everything. Cook till you get nice thick sauce.
- Now add nutmeg powder, cream, oregano and mix everything well. If you think sauce is very thick add some water which we reserved earlier.
- Cook pasta in sauce for few more minutes. Garnish it with some chilli flakes. Pasta is ready to serve.
- Do not add oil while boiling the pasta. Oil makes pasta slippery and sauce will not stick properly to the pasta.
- Reserve some pasta water for later use. White sauce tends to become thick as it cools down. You can add this reserved pasta water instead of plain water to keep the right consistency of sauce.
- While making white sauce make sure to stir it thoroughly while adding milk otherwise lumps may form and sauce will not taste good.
- I have added little nutmeg powder in sauce which gives nice zing to pasta. I really recommend to us it for better taste.
- You can use fresh or dry herbs in this recipe.
I like making this recipe as it is quick, easy and delicious. At time me and my kids make this recipe together to have some fun. Do let me know in the comment section about your experience.
You May Also Like:
Cafe Style Garlic Bread: