How To Make Healthy Veggie Frankie Rolls | Tasty, healthy and unique besan Frankie is a yummy breakfast. Usually Frankie is not made with gram flour but to make it healthier I made it with gram flour (besan) in this recipe.
Frankie is a snack enjoyed by people of all age groups. This is a super easy dish to make and can be made in a jiff. I have added onions and tomatoes in this recipe. You can also add any other vegetable of your choice. There are so many different kinds of Frankie recipes but this one is my favorite as it is guiltfree and filling . This dish can also be packed in the lunch box for kids. I like serving this dish with chutney or sometimes ketchup. This dish can be paired with a steaming cup of tea or any beverage of your choice.
I have applied my favorite sauces on it. You can also add any other sauce or dip of your choice. Let us know in the comment section with which sauce or dip would you love to serve these Frankie rolls.
I have also posted many other breakfast and snack recipes like Egg Omelet, Curd Quinoa, Paneer Moong Toast and many more. Do try them as well. Follow this recipe step by step to get the perfect recipe.
Besan Frankie Rolls (Cheela)
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 cup Gram Flour
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ cup Carom Seeds
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1-2 Green Chilli fine chopped
- ¼ cup Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- 1 Onion fine chopped
- 1 Tomato fine chopped
- In a bowl add whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, salt, oil and mix well.
- Next add a little water at a time and knead a smooth dough of it.
- Once dough is ready coat with little oil cover and leave it for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl add gram flour, carom seeds, cumin seeds, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and garam masala powder.
- Next add green chilli, coriander leaves, salt and mix well.
- Now add little water at a time and make a smooth but thick paste.
- It the mixture for 2-3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes add onion, tomatoes and mix well.
- Now take a portion of dough and make a smooth dough ball of it.
- Roll the dough ball to make a thin circle and next cook it.
- To cook it heat a pan and add the rolled dough on it.
- Once cooked a little from a side flip it over and let it cook a bit.
- Once bubbles starts coming add some oil flip and reduce heat.
- Apply a thin layer of mixture on the rolled dough and spread evenly.
- Drizzle some oil and flip it again. Press gently cover and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Once cooked turn off the heat and take it out on a plate.
- Apply a thin layer of green chutney, tomato ketchup, sliced onion, coriander leaves, grated paneer or cheese roll and serve.