Chinese Pakora | Indo Chinese Style Pakora: Crispy aromatic very tempting pakoras made with veggies and mix of Chinese sauces. Enjoy these Chinese pakoras with warm soup or even with tea or coffee they taste heavenly delicious.
Indo-Chinese recipes are very popular in India with variety of Indian adaptations of original Chinese recipes. Spring rolls, Manchurian, Chinese fried rice, Chinese noodles and many more.
In my town every night mobile food vendors flood market streets with variety of street foods and most of them would be indo-Chinese stalls for their popularity.
Chinese pakora is not exactly Chinese recipe. It is a fusion of common Indo-Chinese ingredients cooked in Indian style pakoras .I love these Chinese pakoras as they are very easy to do and remain crispy for long time. These pakoras are very close to Manchurian but I feel they are much crispier than Manchurian and also the sauce I made is very easy to make and is perfect accompaniment for these pakoras.
Making this Chinese pakora is super easy. Just mix all the ingredients together and deep fry them. Here I want to mention one small trick which will make these Chinese pakoras very crispy. When you are mixing the ingredients for making pakoras try not to add any extra water. Just squeeze the veggies and knead them little hard. This way veggies will release all their water and you will get very crispy pakoras.
To get the best taste out of these pakoras you must try them with the sauce. You can serve these Chinese pakoras as it is with the sauce or pour some sauce over the pakoras and gently mix them before serving.
Chinese Pakora or Indo Chinese Style Pakora Video Recipe
Chinese Pakora or Indo Chinese Style Pakora Detailed Recipe Card
- For making pakora -->
- Fine chopped cabbage: 1 cup,
- Fine chopped spring onions (green onions): 1 cup,
- Ginger garlic paste: 1 tbsp,
- Coriander leaves: 3 tbsp,
- Fine chopped green chilly: 2,
- Soya sauce: 1 tsp & White vinegar: ½ tsp,
- Corn flour: 3 tbsp,
- Plain flour (maida): 6 tbsp,
- Black pepper powder,
- Oil for deep frying
- For making sauce-->
- Tomato ketchup: 2 tbsp,
- Chilly garlic sauce: 1 tbsp,
- Soya sauce: 1 tsp,
- White vinegar: 1 tsp
- In a mixing bowl mix together all the ingredients for making pakora. Cover it and let the veggies release water for 10 min.
- In the meanwhile mix all the ingredients of sauce together and keep it aside.
- After about 10 min. mix the veggie mixture with hard hand so that veggies release most of their water.
- Mix it for few minutes till you get the thick batter and you can easily make small balls from it as shown in the video.
- Heat the oil at medium heat for deep frying. Drop small size balls of batter and fry pakoras till they become light brown and crispy.
- Take the pakoras out on a paper towel. You can serve this Chinese pakora as it is along with the sauce we made.
- Or you can pour the sauce over the pakoras and mix them gently so that pakoras get coated uniformly with sauce.
- Enjoy these crispy pakoras with tea or soup.
2. Do not add water while making the pakoda mixture.
3. If you feel pakora mixture is to sticky add some all purpose flour or cornflour to get the right consistency.
3. Fry Chinese pakora at medium heat so that they get cooked all the way to inside.