Kachee Aam ki Laungi Recipe | Sweet and spicy raw mango chutney Recipe. Aam ki launji or Sour & sweet raw mango chutney is a must try recipe for summers. I am eating it from my childhood. It’s so yummy that I can munch it whole day. My mon used to make this aam ke laungi once every year that used to last for several months.
Every summer I make this sweet mango pickle or chutney. This aam ka meetha achaar is healthy as it has a blend of Indian spices and jaggery. Jaggery helps in improving digestion. With this recipe, kacche aam ki laungi can be made within 30 minutes and tastes best when served with parathas or roti.
I have used one big mango for this recipe, you can also use 2-3 small mangoes as per availability. Make sure that you use tangy raw mangoes or else you will not get that perfect sweet and sour taste. Kachhe aam ki laungi can be stored for up to a year if stored properly in fridge. Always make sure to store it in clean dry glass jar.
Follow this recipe step by step to get the perfect Kachee Aam ki Laungi.
Kachche Aam ki Khatti Meethi Sabji
- 1 Raw Mango peeled & chopped
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Nigella Seeds
- ½ tsp Carom Seeds
- 1 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 2 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 2-3 Dry Red Chillies
- 1 cup Water
- ¾ cup Jaggery
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli powder
- ¾ tsp Garam Masala Powder
- ¾ tsp Chat Masala
- Black Salt
- In a pan add little oil and let it heat a bit.
- Now add asafoetida, cumin seeds, nigella seeds, carom seeds, fenugreek seeds, fennel seeds & dry red chillies.
- Mix and let it roast for a while on low flame.
- After 1 minutes add mangoes and cook for a while.
- After its cooked a bit add water increase heat to medium.
- Add salt cover and cook for 7-8 minutes or till mangoes are cooked while stirring in between.
- Once mango is cooked add jaggery, red chilli, garam masala powder, chaat masala and black salt.
- Cook till jaggery thickness a little once thick turn off the heat.
- Let it cool down completely before storing in clean, dry glass container.
I like making this recipe with jaggery but you can also make it with sugar. Do let me know in the comment section which you prefer jaggery or sugar.