Potato lollipop | Lollipop | Potato Starter | Snacks recipes of Potato Lollipop |
Potato lollipop is a very quick and yummy snack for kids. It is also an ideal party snack which can be made in jiffy. These cute small potato lollipops are my kids favorite and I often make them for their snacks. You can also try my spring rolls, homemade French fries, tortilla rollups, garlic bread rolls on pan . They are also cool kids favorite snacks and party hits. I love making snacks which are quick to do. These potato lollipops is one of them.
I like them as we get almost all the ingredients at home and of course they are very quick to do. Potato lollipops are very easy to make. Just mix all the ingredients together, shape them like a ball, dip them in flour and water mixture, gently roll them in bread crumbs and deep fry them till they are golden brown and crisp. Sounds easy and delicious. Isn’t it! I have posted other party appetizer recipes like Mini Aloo Kachori, Aloo Bread Kebab, Stuffed Mushroom and many more.
- 4 Bread SLice grind to make bread crumbs
- 4 Potato boiled, cooled & mashed
- ¾ cup Bread Crumbs
- ½ cup Onion fine chopped
- 2-3 tbsp Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Dry Mango Powder/ Lemon Juice
- 1½ tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 3 tbsp All-purpose Flour for cornflour slurry
- ¼ tsp Salt for cornflour slurry
- Water for cornflour slurry
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 tsp Italian Herb Seasoning
- ½ cup Thick Curd
- 1 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 pich Salt
- Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Onion fine chopped
- Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- In a mixing bowl add potatoes, bread crumbs, onions, coriander leaves, red chilly powder, dry mango powder, coriander powder, salt, ginger garlic paste and mix well.
- In a small bowl take all purpose flour and add little water at a time and make a runny, smooth slurry and keep it aside.
- In a small plate mix together bread crumbs, chilly flakes and italian seasoning and keep it aside.
- Grease your hands with oil and make small size balls out of it.
- Next dip potato balls in corn flour slurry, then coat it well in bread crumbs.
- Roll it in between your palms to make sure that the bread crumbs stick to it.
- Now heat the oil at medium heat and once ready to fry take potato balls.
- Fry them till they are golden brown and crisp.
- To make a dip mix together mayonnaise, yogurt,salt and sugar till smooth.
- Next add onions, coriander leaves and mix well.
- Boil potatoes and cool them in fridge before making lollipops.
- Make your own fresh bread crumbs. Just break bread in small pieces and grind them in grinder.
- Deep fry them at medium heat.
- Fry one potato ball first. If it cracks open mix some more bread crumbs and fry them again.
- Add few potato balls at a time while frying.
I love serving this recipe with ketchup or chutney but you can serve it with any dip of your choice. Let me know in the comment section how you like this recipe.