Potato Katli Curry Recipe or Aloo Katli Sabji – easy and quick recipe to make at home
Do you not hate when you have to stand in the kitchen for hours to make a perfect dish? Well, not anymore I have the perfect recipe that can be made in a jiff. Aloo Katli or Aloo ki Katli is a quick yet very tasty dish made with aloo and mix of fresh spices. This aloo katli is different from aloo sabzi that we usually make at home.
Next time, when you don’t know what to make for lunch or dinner just try this aloo ki sabzi once and I am sure you will love it. We used very little spices along with fresh ginger garlic, green chillies and tomatoes that gives this aloo ki sabzi a very earthy flavor. You can enjoy aloo katli as a side dish with roti, puri, rumali roti, paratha or rice.
Follow this recipe step by step to make this quick Aloo Katli.
- 4 Potatoes cut them in thick slices and dip them in water
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Tomato medium size, fine chopped
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 Green Chilli fine chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- Salt according to taste
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- Heat oil in pressure cooker. As oil gets hot add cumin seeds and green chilly.
- Mix well and add potato slices and ginger garlic paste, mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- After 4 minutes add chopped tomatoes, mix it well.
- Cook till tomatoes are soft and mushy and potatoes are slightly roasted. Now add 1/2 cup of water, give it a stir and take two whistles.
- Once pressure cooker is cold, open it and check if potatoes are done. If potatoes are not soft take one more whistle.
- If potatoes are soft cook cook them for 2 more minutes without the lid. Aloo katli is ready.
- Once it gets little cold take it out in a bowl and garnish with fine chopped coriander leaves. Serve aloo katli with parathas or chapatis.
I like making this sabji when I do not want to spend too much time in the kitchen. Let me know your opinion about this recipe in the comment section.