Hotel Style Sambar Recipe | How To Make Hotel Style Sambar At Home | Sambar Recipe for Idli, Dosa and Rice| Although we make sambar at home but the restaurant like taste is missing. This recipe of hotel style or restaurant style Sambar is super easy to make and is made with the same ingredients as any sambar but the process is slightly different to give it that typical taste. This restaurant style sambar is flavorful, healthy and delicious. Today we will learn how to make hotel style tiffin sambar with step by step video in Hindi.
What is the difference in normal sambar and hotel sambar? We use same ingredients in making both the sambars. The only difference is the way of cooking. While making normal sambar, we cook everything together and then put tadka. In hotel style sambar we cook veggies and dal separately and then combined them. At the end add tadka. If you were looking for that restaurant style sambar taste at home. This is the perfect recipe for you. Do try it and I am sure you will love it for sure. Enjoy hot hot hotel sambar with idli, vada. I have also posted recipe of Wheat Dosa, Rice Uttapam and Adai Uttapam. Do try them as well.
Resturant Style Sambar
- ½ cup Toor Dal
- 1 Radish small size, cut into pieces
- 1 Carrot small size, cut into small slices
- 2 Brinjal small size, cut into small slices
- 8-10 Baby Onions
- 2 Tomato large in size, chopped
- 2 tbsp Sambar Masala
- 1 tbsp Tamarind Pulp
- 1 pibnch Asafoetida
- 2 Green Chilli
- 16-18 Curry Leaves
- 2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- ½ tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 1 tbsp Coconut Paste
- 1 tsp Jaggery
- 2-3 tbsp Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- 3 Dry Red Chillies
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- Making daal: Pressure cook daal with 2 cups of water. Take at least 5-6 whistles.
- When pressure cooker cools down, open the cooker and mash the daal with ladle. Daal should be in a form of paste.
- Keep the daal aside. Now take a wide and deep pan. Pour 2 tbsp of oil in it.
- As the oil gets hot add hing, mustard seeds, 1 tsp of mustard seeds, green chilli, 8 curry leaves.
- Cook for few seconds. Now add small onions and mix well. Cook the onions for a minute.
- Stir in eggplants, carrots and radish, salt and turmeric powder and mix them well. Cook the vegetables for 2 minutes.
- Now add chopped tomatoes, give it a stir and cook the veggies again for 2 minutes. Now add 1 1/2 cup of water, sambar masala and cover the pan.
- Cook vegetables till they are soft but not mushy. Now add cooked daal, coconut, jaggery and tamarind pulp.
- Mix them well and add 2 cups of water. Let the sambar boil for at least 8-10 minutes.
- Keep stirring it after every few minutes. After 10 minutes add coriander leaves and switch off the stove and keep sambar aside.
- Now lets make tadka for sambar for this take small tadka pan and add 1 tbsp oil. Now add whole red chilli and cook the chillies till they are crisp.
- Now add mustard seeds and switch off the heat. Add curry leaves and mix everything. Add this hot tadka to sambar and boil sambar once again.
Let us know in the comment section about what is your favourite recipe for making samabr.