Vermicelli Custard Recipe | Semiya Dessert Recipe | Custard Recipe. Vermicelli custard or semiya custard is a creamy, cold dessert made with a fusion of custard, vermicelli and fruits. You must have tasted semiya kheer and custard but have you tried them together? Vermicelli custard is very unique as it is a blend of vermicelli and custard. This recipe is fruity, tasty and extremely easy to make.
I am very fond of cold custard loaded with fruits and also love semiya. I thought why not mix the two of them and make a dessert that has the taste and goodness of both. This recipe of vermicelli custard is very easy to make and is creamy in texture. To make vermicelli custard today I have used nuts, apples, banana and pomegranates. You can also use any other fruit of your choice but I would suggest not to use pineapples, as pineapple gives bitter taste when mixed with milk. Also use only roasted semiya in this recipe for better taste.
This is one of my go-to recipes for the summer season specially if you have guests at home. This recipe of Vermicelli Custard is a great hit among my friends and family. I recommend trying it once and you will fall in love with it <3.
I have also posted some must-try summer recipes like Mango Ice-Cream, Mango Jam and Badam Milk. Follow this recipe step by step to get a rich, creamy and tasty Vermicelli Custard. So let’s dive straight into the recipe.
- 2 tsp Ghee optional
- 2 tbsp Almonds fine chopped
- 2 tbsp Cashew fine chopped
- 2 tbsp Pistachio fine chopped
- ¼ cup Vermicelli
- 4 cup Milk boiled
- 2 tbsp Custard Powder vanilla flavour
- ¼ cup Milk
- 5 tbsp Sugar or according to your preference
- Fruits chopped of your choice
- In a pan add ghee and chopped nuts.
- Roast till crisp while stirring continuously. Take them out and keep aside.
- In the same pan add vermicelli, mix and roast till light brown.
- Next add milk, mix and cook for 7-8 minutes.
- In a small bowl add custard powder, milk and make a lump free mixture.
- After 8 minutes add sugar, mix and let it boil for 3-4 minutes.
- Next add custard mixture, mix and cook again for 7-8 minutes.
- After 8 minutes turn off the heat and keep stirring for some time.
- Once cool refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- After 2 hours take it out and add roasted nuts, apple, banana mix and serve.
Serve Vermicelli Custard chilled and garnish with fruits of your choice. Do let me know in the comment section about your experience.
You May Also Like: