Bread Pakora Recipe | Street Style Crispy Bread Pakora | Street Style, crispy bread pakora is popular Indian snack and loved all over the world. But at times there is a difference in the taste of what we make at home and what we get in the market. Here is a perfect way to make same street style crispy bread pakora at home.
Bread Pakora is one of the most loved Indian snack. It goes perfectly well with evening teas and even as starters for guests. During monsoon season, it is a go to pakoda recipe for the fried cravings. I usually make bread pakora whenever I have my friends over. We love to have pakora with masala tea and talk for hours.
I made these pakoda with basic ingredients. You can make them without stuffing but to get that perfect street style taste I would recommend the stuffed ones as I mentioned in this recipe. I have added tomato ketchup in between the layers of bread as they do on most the stalls, but if you do not want to add ketchup then you can also add green chutney in between the layers.
My favourite way to serve these pakoras is with chillies and chutneys. Let me know in the comment section about what think of this recipe.
Stuffed Bread Pakora
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 3 Potato boiled & mashed
- ¼ cup Coriander Leaves chopped
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Dry Mango Powder/ Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Gram Flour
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 pinch Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Carom Seeds crushed in between palms
- 2 Bread Slices
- Ketchup / Chutney
- Green Chilli split into halves
- In a tadka pan add oil and let it heat a bit.
- Once oil is hot add cumin seeds, chilli flakes turn off the heat and stir fo a bit.
- In a bowl add potatoes, coriander leaves, coriander powder, dry mango powder, tadka, salt and mix well.
- In a bowl add gram flour, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, baking soda, carom seeds, salt and mix well.
- Now add little water at a time and make a smooth thin batter.
- Take 2 bread slices, apply ketchup and a thin layer of stuffing.
- Cover with second bread slice, press gently and cut diagonally.
- Now dip the bread slices in the batter well.
- Fry bread pakora in hot oil till crisp and golden brown.
- Fry green chillies in oil for 10-12 seconds.
- Sprinkle some salt into the chillies and mix well.