Tutti Frutti Recipe | Tutti Frutti from Watermelon Peel | Tutti frutti is a colorful candied fruit dessert accompaniment mostly used in cake decorations, custards and ice creams. Mostly tutti frutti is made from raw papaya but today I have made them with waste water melon peels. This colorful tutti-frutti can be made easily and stored for long time.
To make these yummy tutti frutti I have used 3 colors red, yellow and green but you can use any colors mix of your choice. I have also added vanilla essence to give it an aroma. You can also use any other essence to give it your personal flavor. It is very important to let tutti-frutti soak in color so that they do not fade out over time. Usually tutti-frutti dries in 2 days, but sometimes it may take longer to dry depending on the weather. You can easily store them in air tight container in fridge for a full year.
This dish is a no-waste dish. You can use the left out sugar syrup after cooking to make Shikanji or mojitos. I have posted recipes of desserts that go very well with tutti frutti like vanilla ice cream, milk sharbat, Kesar Pista ice cream and many more.
Follow this recipe step by step to get the perfect tutti-frutti at home.
Tutti Frutti from Watermelon Peel
- Watermelon Peel small watermelon
- 5 cups Water for cooking watermelon peel
- 3 cups Water for sugar syrup
- 2 cups Sugar for sugar syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Food Colour
- Remove the red and peel off the green portion of the watermelon.
- Now cut the peel into small cubes.
- In a pan boil water add watermelon and cook for 5 minutes or till watermelon peel turn out transparent.
- Sieve water out and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes in a vessel add water, sugar and let it boil while stirring continuously.
- Add tutti fruity in sugar syrup, add vanilla essence and let it cook for 10-15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes turn off the heat and transfer tutti frutti in different bowls with little water.
- Add food colour of your choice mix and let it rest for 2-3 hours.
- After 3 hours sieve out water completely and on a tray add aluminum foil and spread out tutti frutti evenly.
- Let it dry completely for 12-13 hours and turn occasionally to dry from all the sides.
I love garnishing most of my desserts with tutti-frutti. Let me know in the comment section which is your most favorite desert where you would like to add this tutti frutti.