Masala Peanuts | Masala Groundnut | Besan Masala Peanuts recipe with a very quick and easy video.
You must have purchased masala peanuts from the market but did you know it is super easy to make these masala peanuts at home. With this recipe you can make spicy, crispy and tasty masala peanuts quickly. In this recipe peanuts are coated with gram flour, spices and fried in oil. Once it is cold, just store in air tight container for longer freshness.
This recipe is made from basic ingredients. I like serving this dish with the evening tea and also during movie nights. Peanuts are rich in protein and so delicious that no one can keep their hands away from it. Sometimes I like to mix it with fine chopped onions, cucumber, tomatoes, lemon juice, green chilli and coriander leaves for give it an extra kick.
I have also posted other quick snack recipes like Suji Paneer Nuggets, Bread Atta Tikka, Poha Rolls and many more. Do check them out as well. Follow this recipe step by step to get the perfect and crispy Peanut Masala at home. So let’s dive into the recipe.
- 1 cup Peanuts
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- 1 tsp Dry Mango Powder
- ¼ tsp Asafoetida
- ¼ cup Gram Flour
- 2 tbsp Rice Flour
- 1½ tsp Corn Flour
- Salt for gram flour mixture
- ½ tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli powder
- In a bowl add peanuts, chaat masala, salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, dry mango powder, asafoetida and mix well.
- Now add little water, mix again and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Now in a bowl add gram flour, rice flour, corn flour, salt, kashmiri red chilli powder and mix well.
- After 10 minutes add little gram flour mixture at a time to peanuts and mix well. (Keep aside a little gram flour mixture aside.)
- Once mixed add little water in the mixture mix well and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes add the remaining gram flour mixture and mix again.
- Ensure the peanuts are separated and if not then separate with hands.
- Again add gram flour mixture and mix again.
- Now heat oil on medium flame add peanuts reduce flame to medium low spread and leave for a while.
- Turn after couple of minutes and fry until crisp.
- Once peanuts are fried take it out on tissue paper to remove excess oil.
- When oil is drained transfer it to a bowl sprinkle chaat masala and serve then cold and crisp.
I like serving this crunchy recipe with chopped onions, coriander leaves and few drops of lemon. Let me know in the comment section how you like to have peanut masala.
You May Also Like:
Suji Paneer Nuggets