Kaddu Ki Sabzi is a quick, spicy and sweet recipe that can be made for special occasions or just as a part of everyday meal. Since it is a no-onion no-garlic recipe it can also be made for festivals and fasting. Kaddu sabzi is made in many ways. This version of kaddu sabzi is one of my hubby’s favorites. It is flavored with spices and sweetened with Jaggery. Soon I’ll post the spicier version of this sabzi that is my personal favorite 🙂 .
I learned this Kaddu ki sabzi from a halwai. I learned this kaddu ki sabzi from a halwaii especially for my hubby as it is his one of the top favorites. You can enjoy kaddu ki sabzji with hot crispy pooris, parathas, or even rice. Have it in lunch or dinner, it tastes divine. Today I made pooris and aloo tamater (potatoes in tomato gravy) with this sabzi which is an ideal combination that blends together very well.
Follow the recipe step by step to get the perfect Kaddu Ki Sabzi. So, lets dive into the recipe.
Kaddu Ki Sabzi
- 1½ cup Pumpkin chopped
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Dry Mango Powder
- 2 Green Chilli
- ½ inch Ginger
- 4 tbsp Oil
- ¼ tsp Black Salt
- ½ tsp Jaggery
- ¼ cup Water
- Heat oil in kadai / wok or pan.
- Add cumin and methi or fenugreek seeds, stir and add chilli ginger paste. Mix well.
- Add turmeric/ haldi powder chopped kaddu/ pumpkin, salt and give a nice stir.
- Now add water, cover and cook till pumpkin become fork tender.
- Once kaddu/ pumpkin is cooked add red chilli powder, coriander powder, amchur powder, jiggery and black salt. Mix gently.
- Kaddu ki sabzi is ready to serve.
Do let us know how you liked this special recipe in the comment section.