Bread Poha Vada | Bread Vada Recipe | Poha Vada Snack | Crispy, crunchy and scrumptious Bread Poha Vada is a very unique snack and party appetizer recipe.
Bread poha vada or poha cutlets is a quick snack which is made with very few ingredients available at home. Poha cutlet is a quick evening snack which you can also make for parties or get togethers. Bread poha vada is made with bread, poha, peanuts and basic spices. Poha or flattened rice is used in many ways. Usually I make Shahi Poha which is good for breakfast and also sometimes Poha Rolls which is another quick party snack.
To make poha vada or poha cutlet I have used some bread and mashed potato along with poha. I also added peanuts to give it a nice crunch and a kick of taste. It is very important that you make smooth vadas otherwise they may break while frying. You can also use some grated carrots, fine chopped beans for variation.
These poha vadas or poha cutlets taste best when served with fresh Raw Mango Chutney or Red Chutney. I have also posted other party snack and appetizer recipes like Chutney Bombs, Stuffed Mushrooms, Pizza Samosa and many more. Do explore them as well.
Bread Poha Vada
- 1 cup Potato boiled & mashed
- ½ cup Poha
- 2 Bread Slices
- ¼ cup Peanuts
- ½ cup Onion fine chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger fine chopped
- 2 Green Chilli fine chopped
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves fine chopped
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Wash and soak poha in water for fifteen minutes. Break bread in small pieces and grind them in mixer and make bread crumbs.
- After fifteen minutes sieve the water out. In a bowl mash or grate boiled potatoes.
- Add drained poha, bread crumbs, peanuts, ginger, chili, lemon juice, coriander leaves and salt.
- Mix everything and knead it like a dough. Now take some oil in hands and grease them.
- Divide the mixture in small parts, roll them and make vadas. Make sure vadas are smooth from all the sides.
- Heat oil on medium high heat. When oil is hot enough deep fry vadas till they are golden brown and crisp. Serve them hot with chutney.
This recipe is a quick snack and can also be packed in kids lunch box. Let me know in the comment section how you liked this recipe.
You May Also Like:
Suji Besan Cutlets:
Bread Pakoda Recipe: