How to make cauliflower pakora or gobi pakora crisp at home? Here I have shared some tricks and tips to make perfect Gobi pakoda every time crisp just like shops.
Cauliflower pakora is a popular street style snack. It can be made from basic ingredients like cauliflower florets, gram flour, herbs and spices. Here we will make a thick coating batter with gram flour and rice flour. This combination gives extra crispness. Also fresh grounded masalas are added to the batter for extra flavor. To make pakora extra crisp I have fried these pakodas twice within the gap of 10 minutes. This is the secret that most of the recipes will not tell you.
Gobi pakora is an amazing evening tea snack and it tastes best with the chutney that I have included here. Gobi pakora is a gluten free recipe and it can be air fried like any other pakoras. I love street style pakodas a lot, but due to pandemic I prefer to make them at home. Also they guarantee me the freshness and better quality when I make these fritters at home. Specially during monsoon season, this is a must-try recipe.
Gobi is a very versatile ingredient I have posted other gobi recipe like Gobi Tikka Masala and Aloo Gobi. I have also posted other fritter recipes like Egg pakora, Aloo Pakora, Onion Pakora and many more. Do try them as well.
- Cauliflower Florets
- Red Chilli Powder
- 2 Green Chilli
- ½ inch Ginger
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 7-8 Garlic Clove
- 1 cup Gram Flour
- ½ cup Rice Flour
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 tsp Carom Seeds
- Coriander Leaves chopped
- 1 cup Green Coriander Leaves
- ½ cup Mint Leaves
- ¼ cup Curd
- In a pan add heat some water add in salt and drop cauliflower in it.
- Boil it for 2 minutes and after 2 minutes transfer the cauliflower in a bowl.
- Now sprinkle some salt, red chilli powder and apply thoroughly.
- Now to make masala in a mortar add green chillies, garlic cloves, ginger, cumin seeds, coriander seeds and make a coarse mixture.
- Now in a bowl gram flour, rice flour, turmeric powder, chilli flakes, carom seeds, coriander leaves and mix well.
- Now add little water to make a thick batter of it.
- Next add the coarse masala and mix well.
- Now dip cauliflower in the batter and cover well.
- Heat a pan with oil on medium high drop pakoras and then fry till half cooked then remove it and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes press gently with palms.
- Now heat the oil on full flame and then again fry them till crisp.
- In a grinder add coriander leaves, mint leaves, roasted cumin powder, salt, black salt and garlic.
- Next add curd and grind to make fine paste of it.
Let me know in the comment section with chutney you love to serve this crispy dish.